star: room forty-five

STAR: ROOM FORTY-FIVE

Satine strolled along the streets of Brooklyn, aimlessly looking for the sketchy motel that according to Mingyu, could give the 'Murder Castle' a run for its money.

After letting Hoshi drag her up on stage to have a go on his drum set, it took her another forty-five minutes of watching their excessive drinking to convince the boys to let her leave. She knew she'd always get her way in the end, but Mingyu sure did make it difficult.

She had never come across a guy so effortless in his risqué nature. Everything he said and did was laced with intrigue and an indication of reckless pursuit.

Most girls would find a man like him dangerous, but the only thing Satine found so dangerous about him was that he woke her up inside.

All she could think about as her clothes got increasingly wet, was his tongue on her neck and how he took control of her body in the most devilish of ways. Normally she hated the rain, but she was too busy blissfully floating around in her dreamworld to notice. Besides, there was something about a rainy New York that pleased the senses. Her docs would splash around in the puddles after nearly tripping her up. The droplets would trickle down her forehead and land on her lips, giving them a translucent sheen. And the motel in front of her looked ten times more appealing.

She was on cloud nine.

Disregarding the flickering neon sign that looked like it was on its last legs, Satine pushed through the glass door, strolling confidently up to the reception desk where a sketchy man sat, using a dollar bill to snort a white powdery substance.

"Hi there, I'd like a room please," she smiled, perkily dinging the little bell on the counter.

The hunched over man paused and glanced up at Satine. His frown curled into a peculiar grin and without breaking eye contact he reached out for a key. "Course you do," he spoke like he smoked sixty a day. "It's been a while since we saw a girl like you."

Satine scoffed. "Is that so?"

"Mmhmm, let me guess... Small town girl, living in a lonely world."

"Are you quoting Journey?"

He flung the key across the desk and snatched the bill out of her hand. "Room forty-five."

Satine scowled and took the key. What happened to a little hospitality?

Walking up the iron staircase to the highest level, Satine realised it wasn't as scary as the boys made it out to be. She was pretty sure staying with Mingyu would have raised her heart rate even more. She couldn't understand why he was so adamant that she stays at his. Yes, she would have loved to feel his glorious effects again, but surely he couldn't expect her to stay a stranger.

Satine couldn't bear to come across so easy, she had already opened her legs without a second thought. She either needed fate to do its handy work or find a good enough reason to turn up on his doorstep.