star: diamond among stones

STAR: DIAMOND AMONG STONES

"Satine."

"Jeonghan."

It was the same every day since their lunch date: flirtatious greetings, flushed cheeks and a different innuendo on Jeonghan's part.

"Oh, Coquette?" He would turn to her just before opening his office door like clockwork, and Satine would raise a brow at the nickname she never failed to explain her distaste for.

Which, of course, only encouraged him to use it more.

This was the part where he asked her to run to the printers or take a folder down to Eileen on the second floor. Eileen didn't exist by the way, Jeonghan just enjoyed fucking with her.

They had built this relationship that couldn't quite be described as professional - her boss was way too playful and way too badgering for that. Of course, there was a different side to him, like there is to a lot of people; one that Satine rarely saw anymore but admired greatly. He was powerful, intuitive, and unbelievably confident to the point where the skin on her chest would flare up into a heated rash just by watching him conduct a room.

"There's a package coming today." His eyes flickered with amusement once he saw hers roll.

"Isn't there always?" she sighed, spinning her chair to face him.

He looked her up and down, pausing momentarily on her bare leg draped over the other, and nodded in appreciation. "This one's special."

"Okay." She folded her lip out and noted it down on a post-it.

Forty minutes later, after a few unnecessary jobs, the mailman walked in with a massive rectangular parcel. Satine's eyes widened as he plonked it down on her desk, partly from the rudeness and partly because of the size of the thing.

"For, Miss Fontaine?"

"Yes, that's me." He held out his clipboard for her to sign and she slowly scribbled her name down, eyeing up the package curiously.

It took around twenty minutes for her to open the damn thing. She stared at the box with her lips pursed, wondering what could have possibly been inside it when she hadn't ordered anything, nor had the money to either.

Eventually giving in and ripping through the beige packaging, Satine's brow raised at the crisp black and white Chanel box lying beneath it. If she opened it, she was sure she was going to love whatever was on the inside and not want to send it back. Then on the other hand, it was too fucking obvious who sent it to her, and she wanted to toss it off a cliff.

The lid lifted to reveal a coat. An incredibly beautiful coat with thick black tweed fabric, embellished with large golden buttons to tie in with the flecked embellishment.

She was going to kill him.

Snatching it from the box, Satine's heels clinked heavily against the floor as she stormed into his office. She didn't knock, and roughly threw the coat onto his desk.