star: a lady never shares

STAR: A LADY NEVER SHARES

A note from Miss Dawson

Men say women are more appealing when their mouths are closed. When they have no outlet for their so-called delusional thoughts, their uneducated opinions, their dire need to explain that they're not just a piece of ass.

Misogyny really is the root cause of most crimes against women and women to men.

Satine, being the beautiful woman she is, was only a girl when she had her vocal cords ripped from her throat. It's every woman's nightmare, and if they haven't experienced the pure hell, they know someone that has been at the hand of a man's horrid touch.

It's quite obvious what we're talking about here, right? We're talking about the only way a man can destroy a woman... or hope to.

Take all forms of control away.

In a scenario so perverse, a woman can do one of three things:

One, forget.

Two, let it eat away at you day by day.

Three, raise absolute chaos.

I think it may surprise you which option Satine chose.

***

Flashback, December 24th 1993, 11:30pm

In her favourite pub on the edge of town, Satine stood on the bar top, chanting the lyrics to every Christmas song that Jackson Tyler, the very sexy and very talented lead singer of her favourite indie band, so graciously performed.

She had made it her tradition to go there on Christmas Eve to see Old Al. It's the only tradition she had... that and skinny dipping in the creek with Dotty.

I could have been someone
Well so could anyone
You took my dreams from me
When I first found you
I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Can't make it all alone
I've built my dreams around you

"Sing it, darlin''!" One of the locals yelled amongst the crowd hyping her up.

The boys of the NYPD choir
Still singing Galway Bay
And the bells are ringing out
For Christmas Day

With a hearty giggle and her last shot of tequila, she tossed herself into the arms of the men cheering her on. They carried her around like a doll, each of them taking the opportunity to fondle her ass as she passed. She didn't notice, or if she did, it wasn't as if she was in the position to do anything at seventeen.

When she was finally dropped to her feet, she stumbled over to Diana making out with a guy in the far booth.

"Ew Dotty, Berry Miller, really?