star: je t'aime

STAR: JE T'AIME

STAR: JE T'AIME

Three Years Later, Paris, France.

The city of love and adventure. It was the last stop on Satine's tour of Europe, somewhere she was destined to end up. Venice was dreamlike, Prague too, they had been her favourites over the past years, but nothing felt quite as homely as the cobblestone streets of Paris.

It was the place she was convinced would make her - spark her individuality, mould her into the woman she dreamed of being, filled equally with intelligence and elegances... not that she ever struggled to begin with.

It was also the place destined to mend her broken heart.

The small, pebbled roads and pathways buzzed with people and cars, forming a beauty of chaos as she sat outside Pause Café. It was dainty and sweet - much like her for that matter. She sipped at her grapefruit juice and carefully peeled apart her almond croissant; it was a tradition she established after leaving New York. Every Saturday without fail, it didn't matter the time or weather, she would find herself in a local café revisiting hers and Mingyu's first date. It was a way of keeping him alive in her memory.

Though, Satine was pretty sure the imprint of her crow would never disappear. A love like that lasts a lifetime.

She tried to search for what correctional facility he ended up in, but the trial wasn't made public. She didn't even know how many years he was sentenced to.

Three years down, forever to go.

It was her fourth Friday since landing, and Satine was already fed up with doing nothing. She was tired of all the men and their lack of subtlety, tired of the shitty pick-up lines and bland conversations. She wanted fire and passion, a love for something or someone. Of course, the thought of Jeonghan crossed her mind too many times, an excessive number of times, but he was better off without her.

The person perfect for you isn't always the right choice, not when you crave spontaneity and risk. Satine Fontaine always wanted what she couldn't have.

"Ah, such a beautiful day, no?" A man approached her table with a slack smirk. He was handsome with fair hair and the darkest blue eyes; it was a shame blonde wasn't her type. "A beautiful day fashioned for a beautiful lady." His smile was sweet, enough to make Satine let out a giggle, but that was as far as her kindness went.

I know I asked for a man with charm, but this isn't what I meant... She rolled her eyes up to the sky. Try again, this time preferably with black shaggy hair, a tired expression, and a cock the size of the Eiffel Tower.

"Breakfast at eight pm?" He turned his nose up at her pastry. "It's dinner time... My treat."

"I have a boyfriend, sweets." She pulled down her sunglasses with an offish two-second grin.