star: coquette

STAR: COQUETTE

STAR: COQUETTE

Satine was shaking with excitement as the clock read ten to five. In less than an hour she would be on her way to the airport, ready to board a private jet to Paris.

Jeonghan had a business meeting in the morning and wasn't coming into the office, which meant Satine was in charge of his emails. It was a busy day, but the trip was worth the extra stress. She was a stern believer that sometimes you just need to get away from the trials of everyday life.

Yes, the company wouldn't have been her first choice, but wouldn't have been her last by a long shot. Travelling to Paris with your rich boss? Sounds amazing. Besides, Satine had worked her ass off just to get Jeonghan to change his mind and let her come, she was almost about to get on her knees and beg... which he didn't seem to like.

But of course, like most things in Satine's life, it was too good to be true. Just as she was packing up her things, and putting on her brand-new coat, an email notification popped up on her screen.

Mr Jeonghan Yoon,

Due to weather conditions, your private flight scheduled for today won't be operating. This cancellation was made on the 28th March 1997.

As a valued customer, we'd like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you,
JFK Int. Customer Service Team

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me!" Satine slumped down in a huff.

So now she had to call Jeonghan to let him know his important business trip was cancelled, great. Her day was about to get ten times worse with no silver lining.

Holding the phone to her ear and getting increasingly agitated by the dialling sound, he finally picked up. "Coquette? It seems you can't live without me for even a day," his voice was smooth, and flirty like always. "If this is a reminder for the flight, I'm just getting ready to leave!"

"Might want to rethink," she sighed, "there will be no trip, the flights been cancelled due to some storm."

There was silence on the other end of the line.

"Well, that's an inconvenience, I had dinner and drinks prepared for us at the hotel," he muttered as if she couldn't hear. "What am I supposed to do with my night now?"

"I don't know about you but I'm going home. It's been a long day."

"I've got a great idea. Why don't I take you out for dinner?"

She hung up before he even dared utter another line. No doubt he'd planned it all and had a limousine waiting outside to take her to the fanciest restaurant in Manhattan. It wasn't going to happen; she was going home to Mingyu and she would stick to her original plan and treat him with her first paycheck.