star: it's a date

STAR: IT'S A DATE

STAR: IT'S A DATE

Come the following week, Satine was up and ready to be worked to exhaustion. She couldn't say she missed the early mornings or late nights that Yoon Enterprise requested of her, but she did strangely miss her boss' company. Satine had always admired a powerful man, and Mr Yoon was nothing short of incredible.

Truthfully, she didn't mind the job either. Even though she had previously never worked a day in her life, there was something fulfilling about making her own money. Most people like Diana worked their asses off just to scrape up enough money for gas or a new pair of sneakers, or in some cases the bare necessities like food. She didn't have the luxury of a college trust fund either, only the dream of attending one day.

Satine, on the other hand, never had to worry about anything growing up as part of a wealthy family. She was accepted into five Ivy League schools, held a 4.0 GPA, and thanks to her dad being a Harvard alumnus, she was set to major in Business and Economics in the autumn of 95. She ended up giving up that part of her life to follow a forty-year-old man to Manhattan, but she still had the knowledge in her back pocket, ready to be put to use once the time came.

Satine's future seemed exceptionally bright, particularly since landing a job working with New York's most famous millionaire.

It was early Wednesday morning, and Satine had already sifted through her boss' paperwork for his upcoming meeting. Though she was particularly messy at home, work was a different story.

Everything had to be perfect for him.

"Good morning, Mr Yoon," echoed the women on the top floor as the CEO sauntered through the halls and towards Satine's desk.

She stood up swiftly, getting ready to take his coat and pass him his coffee, but he stopped in his tracks. He would usually throw a few tasks her way that needed completing and then disappear into his office, however this time he hovered.

"Good morning, sir," Satine nodded, feeling her arms aching from holding them out for so long.

He opened his mouth to say something after scanning her fit - ever so slowly - but chose against whatever it was. He didn't say a word. He just inspected her desk, pausing on the new photo of her and Mingyu and then the pile of colour coded papers.

"Is that for this morning's meeting?"

"Yes, sir, I hope you don't mind but I wrote down a few pointers since I know some of the employees are struggling with securing the Broadstone Deal."

It was bold of her to overstep boundaries, but she knew if she wanted to succeed then she needed to do what she did best - and that was to show off her talents.

Mr Yoon didn't seem fazed at all. His eyes glanced back over to the picture frame on her desk, the one with Satine's head rested on Mingyu's shoulder, and simply nodded. "Thank you, I'll take a look." He took the cup of coffee and hung his own coat up.