star: a test of a friendship

STAR: A TEST OF A FRIENDSHIP

Define a friend.

Someone you can count on wholeheartedly. Somebody you can tell your deepest and darkest secrets to and not have to worry about feeling guilty. A friend is someone who will support your every decision, even the stupid ones. A friend is someone who would rather die than betray you.

Now betrayal.

The act of violating a person's trust or confidence. It's possibly one of the most painful losses one can experience. You cannot be betrayed by someone if you didn't once trust them.

Something as terrible as betrayal never comes from your enemies.

***

Satine woke up the next morning with a big stretch and a thumping headache. She let her hand wander under the covers in the hopes of finding someone there, though she wasn't quite sure who she was expecting. Eventually, her fingers landed on bare skin - hot and firm - and she could tell instantly who it was. It wasn't a process of elimination, even though with the number of men speeding through her life you would think it would be, Satine just had the unique ability to sense the man she was irrevocably in love with - down to the finest detail.

"Morning, sweets," she purred, rolling over to find the back of his head.

Enjoying his warmth, her hand slithered around his waist and down his pants as she pressed gentle kisses to his shoulder. His soft groans eventually filled the room, still in a dreamy state. "Mmm, last night was so good."

"Last night?" She questioned in a panic, her fist beginning to knead his cock. "What happened last night?"

She didn't know whether it was her guilt misinterpreting his tone, but she was convinced at that moment it was his twisted way of telling her that he knew she fucked his best friend.

Mingyu's head shot around, tiredly blinking at Satine's appearance. Fuck, he internally seethed, wondering how he could be so careless. She was staring down at him with her big brown eyes and signature pout - so naive, so unaware of his cruelty.

He wanted to die; she didn't fucking deserve it. She didn't deserve to be treated so terribly by him.

It's safe to say they weren't panicking about the same things. Mingyu was still unaware that in his very bed, his Red Sonja had held onto his best friend so devastatingly tight as he came inside her. She had drowned in DK's comfort, his incomparable devotion. She had revelled in his love for her, only for it to be stripped away once they realised they didn't belong to each other and never would.

"I just had a good time celebrating, that's all." Mingyu's words were believable; even for Satine to decipher.

She restrained the urge to sigh out of relief.