One Blind Date: Cancer (f) x Aquarius (m)

Setting: Cancer is in university and one day her friends Taurus and Capricorn ask her to go on a blind date. She meets Aquarius under forced circumstances and the rest is history.

Cancer POV:
I run out of my classroom and into my dorm, and run to the bed. I just finished the longest essay test for English and I'm ready to sleep. I first take a shower and when I get out, I'm greeted by the knocking on my door. Thinking it's my best friends, I open the door to find them really excited for something.

"Ok, so you know how you said you wanted to try dating sometime in college? Well, we found someone who we think is perfect for you. He's tall, nice, and extremely charming, just your type" Taurus says.

"Oh, really? What does he look like?" I ask.

"Well, you're about to see for yourself! Get dressed, and we'll meet you outside" Capricorn insisted.

I get dressed and wear a comfortable black turtle neck and a white sweater over it. Putting my hair in a low ponytail, I head to find my friends in the car already.

"We're gonna drop you off in the Sweets & Horoscopes Café. Have fun!" Taurus exclaims.

Well, here we go then.

Aquarius POV:
I can't believe I accepted a blind date. I only flirt with girls for fun and never thought that I would consider doing a blind date before. I guess I've matured before I realized... or maybe just flirting was getting boring.

I stand in front of my mirror, put on my glasses, and fix the loose strands of dark purple hair. I recently just dyed it, and I thought that it suited me.

Hopefully, the girl thinks my hair looks nice. I don't want her to walk away after seeing my dyed hair.

I sigh and head out the door to go to the Sweets & Horoscopes Café, my part time job where I work as a barista.

After parking my car, I head into the shop to find a messy mop of brown hair sitting on the stool. Her hair looks soft and flowing, and what seemed to be a ponytail, now looked like it an unraveled mess of brown hair. Her attire seemed simple enough, and I liked how comfortable she looked.

Is she here to buy coffee or something? I should probably introduce myself.

"Ahem. Hello, welcome to Sweets & Horoscopes. My name is Aquarius. Give me a few minutes, and I'll be right with you" I say.

The girl turns around and I stop in my tracks. Her face is beautiful and sweet. It isn't perfect or anything, but something about how she looks at me makes my heart tingle a little bit.

Ignoring that feeling, I walk past her and into the barista place. I ask what she wants and after she orders, I make it and give it to her. She tells me her name is Cancer, so I write it down on the cup. Before I hand her the drink, I ask

"So... What brought you here?"

"Were you forced to be in a blind date by two girls too? Cuz I know it's not with any of these people"

I laugh and say "Yea, Taurus and Capricorn both asked me to go to a blind date with you. And now that I've seen you, I'm glad I took up the offer. You're gorgeous"

She blushes and thanks me.

"Well, you're not too bad yourself. I love what you did with your hair. Purple suits you."

"Hmm... what do you say we leave this place?"

"I'm down with that"

A few years later...

"And that kids, is how I met your mother" I say.

Both Scorpio and Leo look at me with a surprised look on their faces.

"So, you mean that you and mom ended up liking each other at first sight?!" Leo says, incredulous.

I ruffle his hair and say "Yea, kiddo. Your mom was so beautiful that I knew I had to take a shot. And in the end, it was worth it."

Author's Note
And, scene. I loved writing this one-shot! Thanks for the request.

And now, let's go to the next one!