What I Like About You: Capricorn (f) x Cancer (m)

Setting: Capricorn and Cancer are in their senior year of high school. Tensions arise when both of them are partnered up to share what they like about each other in detention. The thing is, they hate each other... So let's see how this goes.

Cancer POV:

I made my way to class to set up a prank for Capricorn. Yesterday, she embarrassed me by putting a fart cushion on my chair, and so today was payback. Our little war of pranks started from elementary school and has continued to today, in our senior year of high school. I set up the contraption and wait for "Little Miss Perfect" to walk through the front door. 

I hear the laughter of Capricorn down in the hall and sit, waiting patiently at my desk, as I see her walk into the classroom. 

Perfect.

Capricorn POV:

Before walking into the classroom, I check my surroundings and turn to my friend Cancer and tell her to stay put. Looking through the door window to the classroom, I see Cancer, waiting at his desk. The classroom looks like it hasn't been tampered with, like Cancer did not set up a prank for me. Confused, I start to walk through the door when all of a sudden, giant goops of green slime fall on my head. I scream and scramble to get out of the classroom and run to the bathroom. 

However, as I start to leave, I hear the flash of a camera and turn to see that Cancer has taken a photo of me. 

As anger rushes through me, I walk over to him and push him, sending him staggering and gaining his balance again. 

"How dare you?!" I snarled. 

He goes to push me back, but just before that, the teacher walks in, and upon seeing the mess in the classroom with slime all over the floor, sentences us to detention for the rest of the day. 

In detention...

I don't bother to even look at Cancer, and just lay my head down to try and catch some shut-eye. Before long, I end up dreaming about the past, about elementary school, and how I first met Cancer. 

Flashback to Elementary School:

Today, in class, we got a new student in 2nd grade. I propped my head up to get a better view and see a boy with striking green hair walk into the classroom. He has a mischievous look on his face, and I see him catch eyes with me. After the teacher tells him to take a seat, he does so, right beside me. 

"Hey! My name's Cancer. What's your name?"

"My name is Capricorn. You seem nice, do you want to be friends?"

"Sure!"

For some reason, he has his hand held out. Thinking that he wants a handshake, I go to shake his hand, when a small electric shock runs through me. Baffled, I look to him, silently asking what that was. 

He laughs and turns his hand over to show an electric shocker on his hand. 

End of flashback...

From that day on, him and I pranked each other consecutively for days on end. We would both prepare for and take cover for pranks. It was all fun and games until today that is. 

I wake back up from my nap, to see Cancer right beside me, holding a piece of paper in front of my face. 

"Huh? What's this?" I ask.

"We have to write what we like about each other... The thing is, there's nothing I like about you."

"The feeling's mutual. I hate everything about you, too."

However, as minutes pass, I look over to his paper to see that he has wrote a page long of things he likes about me. At the end I notice that he even wrote that he has a crush on me. Surprised, I turn over to my paper and see that I have done the same. 

We hand the papers to the teacher after our detention and walk to school. 

"So... What did you write about me?" He asks.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." I look over and wink at him before sprinting home. 

I turn around to yell, "Oh yea! I also have a crush on you, too!" He looks baffled and then I see him smile for the first time today. 

Turns out, I don't hate him as much as I thought. 

Author's Note

This was a sweet chapter to write. Both Cancer and Capricorn are just too stubborn to admit their feelings, but things turned out well for them in the end. 

And now, we move on to the next one!