❥𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝘀𝗵 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝗣𝘁.𝟮

❥𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝘀𝗵 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝗣𝘁. 𝟮

After basically hours of crying in Lucero's arms, I got Mason's number from Lisa and told him everything that went down

After basically hours of crying in Lucero's arms, I got Mason's number from Lisa and told him everything that went down. He wasn't entirely shocked because he always knew there was something off about Marissa, but then he expressed his anger about her lying to Dario.

I urged him to go check on Dario since he looked horrible when he stormed out of the house. He promised me to call him once he went to his house, but its been more than half an hour and I was starting to get worried.

Lucero comes back to the living room with two cups of coffee. She lightly smiles at me and hands me a cup, while she takes a seat next to me.

"Shouldn't the kids be here soon?" I quietly ask and she shakes her head.

"Emilio said they were going to be a little late," she blows into her hot cup of coffee.

"Oh....I'm sorry," I blurt out and her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Why are you sorry?" She asks tilting her head to the side.

I tap my fingers on the side of the cup trying to figure out what to say to her. "Well, for ruining your best friend's engagement," I nibble on my lip and she shakes her head.

"She isn't my best friend anymore besides that engagement was already done for since the beginning," she tells me and I slowly nod my head.

Dario never really told me anything about his relationship with Marissa. He would only tell me that it's complicated and that she was threatening him with the baby.

But I don't know what was wrong in their relationship.

And I don't know what she was threatening him with, exactly.

He has always been so closed off with me about his personal life. Only tells me minor details.

It was a miracle when he told he loved to cook or when he told me his parents are in Mexico.

Now thinking about it, I might not know Dario as well as I thought and it bothers me.

"I just want to know..was the relationship all sex or does he actually love you?" her tone is serious as she places her coffee on the table.

"He loves me," I confidently respond.

"Hm," she says and looks at her hands in her lap.

"What?" I push for her opinion.

"Amara, I don't want to sound rude especially with everything that is going on, but I am your sister. Does he really love you or did he just say it to keep you on the side?" She looks up at me and raises her eyebrows.

Dario loves me.

I mean he told me he does.

"He loves me," I repeat the words and she nods.