Distance

During the entire movie and dinner, joon kept his distance from eun-sang. He avoided being alone with her and kept more than safe distance with others.

She was more worried about his condition than the distance he was creating. Namjoon drove her to her home, still maintaining the distance, he was disappointed in himself, to the core.

'you know jagiya, at times I feel so burdened. But your presence and touch relaxes me, every inch of my skin, every word of my thoughts.' She recalled his words as well as the question that followed.

'why? You know you deserve to relax, right?'

'I do know, but... huff. I can't afford to let down my hyungs. I need to set an example for maknaes. I have to protect them from any danger. You know how excited they get. I have to take care of the business too. I can't disappoint dad! He trusts me so much. And mom! She has given me the responsibility of y/n. I have to protect her at any cost babe, that child has already suffered so mu-' as he was panicking, blabbering his worries, she caught his lips with her own. Softly kissing him, she let him free of his stress. Even though it was momentary, his body relaxed in her arms. He let himself melt and that made the girl feel so proud, proud that she helped her man let go of his worries. Proud that he felt relaxed in her arms.

"I was just hesitant joon. I should have made it clear instead of giving you the wrong idea. Sorry!" she whispered as she got of the car. Namjoon contemplated on her words and a part of his guilt washed off. He felt a little better but knowing that he didn't take the consent, he still felt like an asshole.

Reaching home, after a few self-blame hours at beach, he locked himself in his room, not talking to anyone. Mrs. kim, knew that it had something to do with the fight earlier but she also knew that joon wouldn't tell her a word. She decided to call eun-sang.

"hello, aunty?" the girl received the call.

"ah! Yes eun-sang. Can I have a word with you?"

"sure aunty, what is it?"

"I don't mean to pry dear, but please tell me if there is problem with joon. I can see he is suffering but I also know that he won't tell me. I worry for my son sweetie, please tell me if I can help."

"aunty," she spoke hesitantly "can you call joon to an address? Please don't tell him that I called him."

"I will dear. Send me the time and address."

"thank you aunty, that would a big help for me."