summer days- rooster pt1

Auther: softspiderling
Smut warning ⚠️ (in some parts)

“Oh shit!”

You hadn’t been in San Diego long when you immediately packed your bag for the beach. The sun had barely risen over the horizon, but after that horrendous flight the night before, you were antsy for some exercise. After a few laps, the sun was burning from the sky and you went for a quick dip in the water before laying down to dry off. You hadn’t meant to, but eventually, you dozed off, to the sound of the seagulls crowing and the waves crashing gently into the shore. You were rudely woken up by something heavy crashing into you, and when your eyes fluttered open, you had a lap full of a man.

He was bare chested and his aviators sat crooked on his nose when he looked up at you, pushing himself off of the sandy ground with his hands. 

“Ow fuck, I am so sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going,” he panted out and only then you noticed the very prominent mustache he was sporting. You couldn’t understand how you missed it in the first place. 

“That’s an understatement. It’s not like I was moving in any shape or form, how could you not have seen me?” you asked dryly, after processing the shock. 

“I was in thoughts,” he explained, getting on his knees and dusting the sand off his hands. “Did I hurt you?”

You could tell by the dull pain in your thigh that you’d have a bruise in the shape of his hand later, but it wasn’t like you were going to tell him that, so you shook your head. He was too busy checking you out himself, however, so you told him no when his eyes finally found yours. 

“Good. That’s… Good…” he said, trailing off. “Let me make it up to you, yeah?”

“And how are you planning on doing that?”

“Um, the Hard Deck. Tonight, at seven? I’ll buy you a drink.”

“What the hell is the Hard Deck?” 

Wordlessly, he pointed over your shoulder to the small bar that sat at the top of the beach. “See you tonight?” He didn’t look like he was going to accept any other answer besides yes, so you sighed, nodding.  

“Great.”

He stood straight and took a few steps, before he paused, turning back to you. “You can call me Bradley!”

With a salute, he continued his run down the beach. Leaning on your arms, you watched his backside until he was only a tiny spot in the distance. You hadn’t really planned on hooking up with anyone during your time here, but if the people here looked only half as good as Bradley, you weren’t sure  if you could resist.

You spent the rest of the day on the beach, only packing up your stuff when the wind picked up, and made your way back to the small cottage you had rented. You took a quick shower, washed away all the sand and sea water. As you got dressed, you glanced at the bruise on your thigh. Bradley’s hand print on your thigh was starting to turn darker, but it wasn’t that noticeable yet. You laid your hand over it, splaying your fingers out to mimic his hand, only to realize that you couldn’t even cover the spot, which made you feel… Funny. Shaking out of it, you just tugged some shorts on. The sunset turned your room orange and you were able to catch the last few minutes of it, when you headed back outside.

San Diego was refreshingly different from New York. And you weren’t just talking about the weather. When you initially booked the flight to San Diego, you very knowingly decided against Malibu (too many people) and Miami (too… Florida). However, you completely forgot about the naval base that was in San Diego.

The naval base which you definitely remembered now, as a bunch of uniformed people passed by you. Without realizing, you had walked towards the Hard Deck, loud music coming out of the bar. You hadn’t even decided if you wanted to go yet, but since you were already there, it wouldn’t hurt to actually go in, right?