A Kid from Queens Peter Parker

(No author name)

Pairing: Peter Parker x Stark!Reader

Info: CA: Civil War Era. Tony Stark enlists his daughter to find the web slinging spider in Queens.

Facetime: Tony Stark

Your finger hovered over the ‘Accept’ button before tapping it. With everything that had been happening in the last few days, you were a little on edge.

“Hey dad, everything alright?” You asked, after asking FRIDAY to pause the AC/DC record you were listening to.

“Yeah sweet cheeks everything’s fine… considering all that’s happening. But I need you to do me a favor.” He asked, he looked exhausted.

“Alright what’s up?” You asked, sliding into your desk chair behind your laptop.

“You’ve seen that spider guy on Youtube right?” He asked, causing you to furrow your eyebrows.

“The web slinger guy? Yeah what about him.” You shook your head. Where was this going? You thought.

“I need you to find him.” Tony said nonchalantly.

“Find him?” Your eyes grew wide, you were taken aback.

“Yes, track him down… we may need all the help we can get if things don’t get any better.” He said, implying more. You knew things weren’t going well with Cap but you didn’t think it was this bad.

“How exactly do you want me to find this… Spiderling?” You asked, hundreds of ideas circling your head… you did have a flair for the dramatics so this should be fun.

“Dealers choice.” He answered, and your face morphed into a mischievous smirk.

“Excellent. You have a deadline for me?” You asked, knowing that if necessary you could find this guy in about two hours.

“A week. Think you can handle that?” Tony asked you.

“Peace of cake.” You flashed your famous Stark Smirk.

“That’s my girl.” Tony returned it.

“What do you want me to do once I find him?” You asked, already making notes on the pad next to your laptop.

“Nothing, I’ll bring him in if necessary. I just need someone on deck if things go south. All I need is a name and address.” Tony answered.

“I can do that. Hey, any news on Cap?” You asked, curiously but also worriedly. This was your family, and you hated seeing it being torn apart.

“Not since Vienna. Sometimes I just wonder if I made the right decision in signing.” Tony said quietly, signing and rubbing his face.

“Well I’ve already told you what I think. There’s ethical dilemmas on both sides. But in signing you’re trying to do the right thing, oversight isn’t the worst idea at a time like this. With New York, DC, Sokovia, Lagos and now Vienna you’ve got a major PR fire on your hands. Put it out and deal with the consequences. Rebellion is always an option down the road if the agreement isn’t in the best interest of the people you set to protect. You need friends on the inside and right now you don’t have any. Documents can be amended, but right now this fire needs to be put out.” You told him honestly.

“You always know exactly what to say, don’t you? Glad to know that philosophy doctorate is being put to good use.” He smiled.

“Money well spent. Oh- and I suppose you’ve also considered that if you do end up bringing this Spiderling in that it might be a little embarrassing fighting side by side someone in a onesie? He’s in dire need of an upgrade, I mean have you seen the thing he’s flying around in right now?” You laughed.