Isn't He Lovely - Peter Parker

“My water just broke!” You burst into your shared bedroom and shouted at your husband, who was currently trying to fix his web shooters. He only had one sock on and his hair was still messy from bed.

“But you’re not due for three weeks.” Peter looked up at you and set his screwdriver down.

“You’re so right Peter. Why don’t you get on the ground and shout that up at my vagina so the baby can hear you and stop trying to come out.” You yelled angrily. Peter nodded and got up.

“Right. Sorry. I’ll grab the diaper bag.” Peter scrambled to get diaper bag and quickly grabbed the keys. He tried to keep calm as he locked the door and got in the car. His hands were shaking but he had a huge smile on his face. In just a few hours, he was going to be holding his newborn child. But right now, you were in pain and he had to focus on getting you help. Peter opened the car door for you and helped you in.

“Peter.” You whined. You were in extreme pain. You felt like you peed your pants. Every single part of you ached.

“I know, baby. We’ll be there soon. Just hold on.” Peter assured you.

So you held on. You held on the entire 25 minute drive to the hospital. Peter got you to go through the breathing exercises you learned in all the birthing classes you attended together. You hadn’t realized how well Peter had paid attention, even better than you had. He knew exactly what to do and did the breathing exercises with you. If you weren’t in so much pain, you would’ve thanked him for being such a great partner.

“Keep pushing baby!” Peter encouraged you, squeezing your hand sweetly. You were in the stir-ups now with an OBGYN between your legs. You’d been pushing for over forty minutes now. Every push took the wind out of you. You were sweating, exhausted, and in pain.

“SHUT THE HELL UP.” You screamed in his face. Peter nodded in understanding. He knew it was the pain talking and not actually you.

After forty minutes of pushing, you’d lost your ability to be nice. You were in the endgame now. You just wanted the baby out.

“You bet.” Peter kept his optimism high. “I’m right here, baby. I promise, nothing will make me let go of your hand. Squeeze as hard as you need.”

“The baby’s crowning!” The OBGYN called from between your legs.

“Really?” Peter let go of your hand and went over to the OBGYN.

“Oh wow, that’s really-“ Peters voice stopped suddenly, followed by a thud.

“What was that?” You panted.

“Your husband fainted.” A nearby nurse informed you.

“WHAT?!” You yelled. You tried to look but the stirrups and curtains blocked your view. All you saw was Peters arm on the ground.

“Don’t worry.” A nurse laughed. “This happens all the time. We’ll wake him up. Just keep pushing.”

You did as you were told. You squeezed your eyes tightly shut and pushed with all your might.

“You’re doing a great job, mama. Just a few more.” Some nurse encouraged you.

“I can’t do it.” You said breathlessly. Your entire body was exhausted. You felt sleep pulling your eyes shut.

“Yes, you can.” Peter appeared at your side. He slipped his hand back into yours and gave you an assuring smile.

“Peter.” You choked. “It hurts.”

“I know it hurts-“ Peter began.

“No you don’t.” You deadpanned. He was a man. And a man with super strength no less. He had no idea how bad it hurt.