she drew me (pt.2) -draco malfoy

Draco is being awkward. Draco knows he’s being awkward. Draco knows that other people think he’s being awkward but he can’t help it.

  Ignoring all the strange stares he’s getting from his classmates he stiffly butters a crumpet being careful not to get any on his robes. His eyes are constantly darting towards the Gryffindor table but the one person he’s looking for hasn’t arrived yet.

  Breakfast started 30 minutes ago, the heck is keeping her?

  To his consternation Blaise had decided to take a seat next to him that morning and couldn’t seem able to stop nattering about something to do with…something. What? He wasn’t listening. With his eyes fixed firmly to the entrance of the Great Hall, he took a careful bite out of his crumpet; and promptly spat it back out again.

  “Who in Salazar put marmalade on this?” He coughed reaching out for his pumpkin juice and taking a large gulp to rid himself of the vile taste.

  Blaise gave him a weird look. “Uh, you did, Draco.”

  Draco scowled at his friend. “Why would I do that? I don’t even like marmalade, you pillock.”

  Blaise smiled slyly. “My my, what has gotten the Ice Prince in such a bad mood? Let me guess, is it Potter? Is it because you tripped on the stairs this morning? Oh, I know! Is it because Professor Snape- mhmph!” He was unable to finish that sentence due to an apple being shoved unceremoniously into his mouth by yours truely.

  “Two words Zabini. Shut. Up.”

  Blaise spat out the apple and gave him an even broader smile. “And now we’re on last name terms. I wish the best of luck to whoever has pissed off his highness.” 

 Draco groaned. 

 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

  In the end you never did turn up to breakfast and Draco is definitely not worried about you at all. In fact, it is because he is curious and not worried that he asks Blaise about you on the way to their first class which was Potions. 

   “Oh, (y/n)? She lost her sketchbook yesterday and she’s been searching for it ever since. Knowing her, she’s probably still looking for it now. You haven’t seen it, have you? Normal sized, leather bound-” 

   “No, I haven’t” Draco said a little too quickly. If Blaise noticed he didn’t say anything, too busy he was with his musings.

   Actually, it’s been in his bag since he left the dorm. 

   Everyone had already taken their seats and heated their cauldrons when you finallyshowed up. You were panting slightly and your cheeks were flushed giving your usual complexion a rosy glow, not to mention your tie was also crooked. You looked absolutely adora- hideous! He meant hideous! No no no he was not about to call you adorable. No way

   All the students attention was now on you but you seemed unfazed by it, your usual deadpan expression giving nothing away. 

   “Miss (l/n). Care to tell the class why you are late?” Snape drawled raising his head up from the textbook long enough to give you a glare. 

   “Sorry, Sir. I overslept dreaming about pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows.” You drawled back in an almost perfect imitation of the Professor.

   A collective giggle arose from some of your classmates while the rest of them looked completely horrified. No one spoke to Professor Snape like that. Sure enough Snape’s eyes narrowed to dangerous slits.

   “Lets see, 20 points from Gryffindor for your tardiness and another 20 for disrepecting a teacher. Oh, and another 10 for not being aware of how to properly wear a school tie.” He sneered. 

   All the Gryffindors groaned at this but you were undeterred. “With all due respect, Professor. Who in the name of Merlins greasy beard would take points for a crooked tie?” 

   “(y/n)!” Granger gasped looking scandalized. Draco had to bite the inside of his cheek to refrain from laughing and it looked like Blaise wasn’t doing much better. 

   “Detention, (l/n). If you don’t want me to fail you this instant you will shut that disgraceful mouth of yours and sit down.” It seemed as though Snape had surpassed all the stages of anger and entered the realm of deadly calm. 

  Silence reigned as the class waited for your next move with bated breath but after recieving the evil eye from Granger, you relented and made your way to the last empty seat……… which was right next to Draco’s. 

   You completely ignored him as you set up your cauldron. This did not bother him in the slightest and he absolutely did not keep glancing over at you once every thirty seconds. No he didn’t. 

   To his annoyance, halfway through the class Blaise leaned over him to talk to you. “I take it you didn’t find your sketchbook then” He chattered cheerfully making Draco roll his eyes. 

   Your scowl looked disturbingly like his own as you directed it at Blaise. “Do I look like I’ve found it, Zabini?” 

   Blaise pouted. “What is it with you and Draco today? Zabini this, Zabini that. My name is Blaise in case you two have forgotten.” 

   Your eyes focused on Draco for a moment making his heart leap but with a blink you looked away again. Draco suddenly really really wanted you to look at him again and he racked his brain to try and think of something to say. 

   Come on. She’s right there. Just say something, anything. You could comment on her potion. Or, give her advice on how to dice the frogs legs. Heck, you could just insult her like you usually do. Or maybe you could, maybe you could- 

  “I have your sketchbook!” He blurted. 

   There was a faint plopping sound of your stirring rod falling into your cauldron as you stared at him slack jawed. “You what?“ 

   Fuck. 

 "I-I have your sketchbook” He repeated. 

  Avoiding eye contact, he reached into his bag and rummaged around until he felt leather. He placed it on your table with a thud. 

   "Waaaiitt, you said you didn’t know where it was when I asked you earlier” Blaise pointed an accusing finger at him but Draco ignored him because, right now you looked completely mortified. 

   "Did you open it?“ You voice came out in an almost whisper. 

   "I did” Draco answered as firmly as the stupid butterflies in his stomach would allow him to. 

   You lowered your head in defeat and let out a harsh laugh. “So, what did you think of my drawings?” You asked bitterly. There was something else laced in your voice and when he realized it was fear his traitorous stomach did a fucking swoop.

  Hesitantly, he reached out and put his fingers under your chin bringing your eyes up to meet his. Draco was honestly surprised how ep eyes widened in astonishment. Leaning in to make sure only you could hear. He whispered carefully.

   "They were beautiful" 

   But not as beautiful as you.