Make A Move - Peter Parker

Original auther: in love with one (1) soft boy

Prompt: “You think I won’t do it? I will. In fact, you can’t stop me.”

Summary: You two have been pining after each other for so long; one of you was bound to make a move eventually, but who would it be?

Imagine:

“Oh, please,” Nat scoffed, rolling her eyes. “You two have been pining after each other since the moment you met. Are you seriously trying to tell me you’ve suddenly gathered enough courage to make a move?” she questioned in disbelief.

You narrowed your eyes at her. “You think I won’t do it?” you challenged, a hand on your hip as you cocked it with attitude.

She simply laughed, grabbing the bowl of popcorn and heading back towards the living room where the whole team had assembled for a movie night.

I will,” you called after her. “In fact, you can’t stop me!

And with that you were left alone, running a hand over your face as you let out a deep sigh.

It was no secret that tension was high between you and the resident spider. It’d been a number of months since you’d first met, when he’d rushed into your father’s lab due to malfunctioning web shooters, only to be startled with the sight of a beautiful young girl instead. You’d asked him whether he required assistance, yet the need for his reply was negated as a string of web shot upward from the contraption in his hand towards his face. You couldn’t tell what was funnier - the surprised expression on his face or his uncanny resemblance to Santa Claus.

Eyebrows knitted with determination, you grabbed two cans of soft drink from the fridge and strode out to the living room with purpose, a woman on a mission. As you scoped the area, you noticed a lack of seating space, Nat smirking at you as she occupied the last available spot. You knew she expected you to take a seat on the floor like you often did, but instead, with little hesitation, you found yourself in front of Peter, handing over a can before taking in a deep breath.

“Is this seat taken?” you asked, pointing to where he was sat on the couch.

Peter expression was the epitome of puzzlement. “Uh, I mean, I can get up, i-if you wa-“

His stuttering was cut off as you plopped down in his lap, sending him a sweet smile. His eyes were as wide as saucers. “Is this alright?” you checked, never wanting to put Peter in an uncomfortable situation. He simply nodded quickly, sitting stock still, not daring to make a single movement. You rolled your eyes at his endearing shy and blushy nature, admiring the way splotches of red had taken over his cheeks as he stared at you. You settled in as the movie began, noticing the way Nat chuckled under her breath in your peripheral vision.

Ten minutes in and Peter had yet to twitch even a finger. You turned to face him, a soft smile on your lips. “Pete, calm down,” you cooed into his ear, quietly so as not to disturb the others. He shook his head slightly, as if coming out of a trance, and his posture began to soften. You took his arms, winding them around your waist as you leaned back to lay your head on his shoulder. “Comfortable?”

He tilted his head until it came in contact with yours. “With you? Always,” he muttered, punctuating his words with a gentle kiss to your temple. Peter silently congratulated himself at how smoothly he managed to carry out the move as you practically melted at the action, unable to stop the sigh of contentment escaping from between your lips.

As time went on, you found yourself losing concentration on the film and beginning to doze off. You turned slightly, draping your legs over Peter’s lap as your side nestled into his chest, head nuzzling into the crook of his neck. He lifted a hand to run through your hair soothingly, sending you to sleep almost instantly. “G’night, babe,” you managed to slur, dropping a sweet kiss to his neck in your hazy state. Peter’s eyes shot open at the pet name, his usual blush settling on his cheeks once again.

The film came to a close, the group of superheroes standing upright as they stretched. Tony’s eyes landed on his little girl, causing him to roll as his eyes as he approached the two youngest of the group. It hadn’t come as a surprise to him, of course; you were his daughter and he could read you like a book. Peter was unaware of this however, as he attempted to stutter out a response explaining why his mentor’s daughter was slated over his lap. Needless to say, he failed.

Tony reached an arm towards you, gently shaking your shoulder to coax you awake. He didn’t mind you sleeping on the couch, but knew Peter’s back would suffer from staying in the same position all night. You let out a string of incoherent grumbles in response, arms wrapping around Peter’s midsection as you held onto him tight, refusing to budge.

“If it’s okay with you, Mr. Stark, I don’t mind staying here. I don’t think she’s letting go anytime soon,” Peter reasoned with a nervous chuckle, admiring the adorable koala hanging off him.

Tony sighed, as the group crowded around him to see what was going on. Sam pulled out his wallet from his back pocket, begrudgingly slapping a more into Steve’s hand. “You couldn’t have waited two days?” Sam asked Peter, raising an eyebrow.

Peter looked down at you, moving a lock of hair away from your face. “Actually, this one was all her,” he replied.

Steve groaned this time, passing the note he’d just received from Sam to Bucky, who had a smirk on his lips. And with that, the team began to separate into their own rooms, ready for a night of rest.

Tony grabbed the blanket on the back of the couch as Peter managed to prop his legs up into a more comfortable position, without you ever leaving his grasp. Tony tucked you both in, with a quick quip of, “you know she’s still my girl, right Peter?”

“Always has been, always will be,” he promised, watching your father kiss you goodnight before he retreated to his lab. In a whisper, Peter added, “he’ll have to share you now though.”