Bet 2.0 Draco Malfoy

(no auther name)

It had been exactly a year since Draco asked you out. A thin layer of snow had fallen the night before, making Draco’s plan for your anniversary date going to plan. You were excited, but Draco was nervous. Not exactly about the date, but about you.

The Slytherins had dared Draco to go out with you for just a year. You were a Gryffindor, so the relationship was a big deal when you first went out with him. At first it was a game to Draco, but he fell in love with you. He loved your smile, your eyes when you laughed, how you always protected the ones you love, the way your hands felt in his, the way you stuck your tongue between your lips during exams, basically everything about you.

He loved you so much that he couldn’t lie to you. He had to tell you the truth about the bet. He loved you too much to pretend like everything was fine. So that night as he took you ice skating on the Black Lake he was going to tell you everything he has kept with you since day one.

But he was too late. You were in the Great Hall eating lunch when Pansy sat next to you. Most of the table noticed. Fred and George dramatically moved down a seat towards Lee, Ginny’s hand went into her pocket to grab her wand, the rest of the table watched and waited.

“I’m not here to fight.” Pansy says with a sickly sweet smile. “I just have to tell you something, (Y/N). It’s about Draco.”

Your stomach sinks. “What is it.”

She leans closer and whispers into your ear. “You’re a bet. We bet Draco to date you for a year. He doesn’t care about you, he never has. He is going to break up with you tonight. Anyway, have a good day.” She hops up and hurries out of the room as tears well up in your eyes.

“Are you okay?” Ginny asks.

“Um, not really. I have to go.” You stumble out of the Great Hall and into Draco.

“Hey, I was looking for you- hey, (Y/N), what’s wrong?” He tilts your head up so he can look at you.

“Get the hell away from me, you ass.” You say hoarsely, pushing him away.

He grabs your arm to keep you from walking away. “Just tell me what happened.”

You slap him across the cheek and run away. Draco figured out what had happened as he watched your figure retreat up the stairs.

***

You were curled up on the window seat in the library. You flipped through the book you needed for your astronomy essay. You couldn’t find what you needed to so you got up to scan the shelves but knocked over a bunch of books. Sighing you go to pick them up but someone rushes over to help.

“Here, let me help.”

“Draco, I don’t have time to talk, I have and essay to work on.” You stand up and walk towards the shelves.

“Please,” he whispers. “Just hear me out, and then you can leave and I won’t annoy you again.” You sigh, but don’t say anything. “It started off as a bet, yes. But it’s turned into something, and I can’t just forget you.”

“You played me!” You hiss.

“I love you! Alright, I can’t stop thinking about you! Please, I’ll doing anything. I can’t just let the past year go.”

You grab the collar of his shirt and pull him close, kissing him. “I love you too. I always will.”