The Bet Draco Malfoy

Original author  shysneeze

Y/N sat in the Transfiguration classroom, waiting for class to begin. She’d had a good morning so far. Her toast had had just the prefect amount of cinnamon and her Pumpkin juice was exactly what she’d needed. She observed the other students in the classroom.   As she turned around in her seat, she glanced to the back of the room. There was a group of girls giggling loudly and walking with a tall blond hair blue eyed boy. Her E/C eyes met his and she quickly turned back around to face the front.

“Hey gorgeous.” the boy whispered in her ear.

A pair of hands rested on her waist. She turned around quickly and rose from her seat. Between when their eyes had locked and now, he’d lost the group of girls. Standing in front of her now was the most annoying boy in the Slytherin house - Draco Malfoy. She raised her hands to rest on his chest.

“Hi Malfoy.” she whispered. He smirked and Y/N rolled her eyes, pushing him away.

“Ah come on, you know you want me, Y/L/N.” he replied.

“You wish.” she scoffed and took her seat. Draco sat in his seat next to the girl.  She opened her mouth to tell him to move, but she wasn’t quick enough because  Professor McGonagall arrived and began their lesson for the day.

After an annoyingly large amount of time spent by Draco trying to mess Y/N up while she was taking notes, they had about five minutes until class let out. They were supposed to be practicing vanishing spells, but the mischievous boy had other plans. His hand danced its way across the desk towards the girl. She was so focused on trying to make the snail in front of her disappear - and perhaps making the boy next to her disappear - she took no notice of the pale hand making it’s way towards her.

Draco’s hand slid off the desk and rested on Y/N’s knee. She squealed and jumped away from him. Scowling, she grabbed her books off the table and slid them into her bag. As she turned to leave, he caught her arm.

“Why do you hate me?” he asked.

“I don’t hate you. Hate is a strong word.”

“Then why won’t you date me?”

“You’re mean to people, Malfoy! Why would I, or anyone else that has half a brain  want to date someone like that? Why would I put myself in that situ-“

“Alright then, let’s make a bet.” he cut her off. She scoffed for the second time that day, looking into his eyes.

“Why would I make a bet with you?”

“If I prove to you that I can be a nice person, you have to let me take you on a date. If I don’t prove it, I’ll leave you alone and we never have to talk again. Deal?”

She considered his offer. Y/F/N Y/L/N falling for a Malfoy - or any Slytherin- was highly unlikely. If he proved to be a good person, maybe she could have feelings for the boy. If he proved that he couldn’t abandon his ways, she’d have the satisfaction of him never talking to her again.

“Alright, you have yourself a deal.” She decided and stuck out her hand to shake on it. Draco stood up, grabbed her hand, and pulled her closer. She squealed again.

“You’ll be mine in no time little Ravenclaw.” he smirked. Dropping her hand, he picked up his bag and sauntered out of the room. Flustered, Y/N followed him out into the hallway.

A few weeks had passed and Draco had kept up his antics. He flirted with Y/N whenever he could. She liked to brush it off, but she couldn’t ignore the fact that Draco was being nicer to people. He’d notice her paying attention and he’d purposefully do something nice. If someone needed extra ink or parchment, Draco was always the one to offer. He had stopped making fun of people and to Y/N’s knowledge seemed to be holding up his end of their bet.