Don't Cause A Scene At The Arcade- Steve Harrington

Auther's name:nailriddenbat

“Hey Harrington!” Y/N shouted out as she skipped down the hall to her friend’s locker. He picked his head up and shot her one of his award winning smiles and her heart began to race like it always did when she saw him. She was not aware that his heart was doing the exact same thing as hers.

He watched as Y/N walked up to him and closed his locker a bit so he could lean against it. “Well, well, well. You’re very chipper this morning,” he observed.

Y/N waved a neon pink flyer around before pushing it into his chest gently. He picked it up and she looked away quickly when his fingers brushed against hers. He read it to himself and sighed. Tina was throwing another party that night.

“I’m done with parties, Y/N. You know that,” he folded the paper in half with his fingers before holding it out to her.

“Steve,” Y/N sighed dramatically. “Steve, Steve, Steve. You and I haven’t been to a party together in like…forever.”

“I don’t do parties anymore,” Steve shook his head as he pulled his locker back open. The last party he had been to was last year’s Halloween party and well, that was all bullshit.

Y/N watched as his jaw twitched and she sighed. She switched over to his other side and stepped close so no one could over hear what she was saying. “I thought you were over the whole Nancy thing that went down a few months ago,” she whispered. “You told me you moved onto someone else.”

Steve kept his gaze on his textbooks. There was someone else, alright, and that person was currently begging him to attend the party. He finally looked over at Y/N. His voice was low but gentle. He was always gentle with her. “I am. The party scene just isn’t for me anymore, Y/N,” he explained.

Y/N gazed up at him, catching a glimpse of something in his eyes but she was unable to place it. She wish she knew who this mystery girl was that he was so hooked up on, mostly because she wanted to glare at her for catching the attention of the teenage boy she has wanted since they started freshmen year. The bell rang, signaling that they only had a few extra minutes to get to their first class.

“Will you think about it?” Y/N asked him. She reached out to touch his arm lightly and gave him a small smile, “I promise I won’t leave your side or yell at you in a bathroom.”

“You really want me to go to this thing?” he sighed as he kept his gaze on hers. She nodded her head and kept her hand on his arm. The two of them had not even noticed that her thumb started to move across his skin slowly. Steve nodded his head and shrugged his shoulders a bit, “Then I guess I’m going to the party.

“YES!” Y/N shouted loudly before she threw herself at him. Her arms wrapped around him tightly and she hung onto him for a few seconds before her eyes went wide. She jumped back before Steve could hug her back and her cheeks began to flush with embarrassment. “So um, yeah! I will see you later today and if I don’t then I will just see you at the party. Okay bye!”

Before Steve could say anything else to her, Y/N was already running down the hall. He watched her go with a smile and shook his head as he asked himself, “What the hell are you doing, Harrington?”

The party was in full swing. Tina’s house was packed with teenagers. Some were lingering in the yard, gathered around Billy Hargrove as he pumped his fists against his chest and did keg stand after keg stand. A majority of them were in the house, dancing around to Prince. Y/N stood by the bowl of punch, “pure fuel” as everyone called it, but she was not feeling up to partying. The party had been going for over an hour now and there was not one sight of Steve Harrington anywhere. This caused her to continuously dip her plastic cup into the bowl and then pour the contents of the bowl down her throat.