had you forgotten- minho

Author: ?

Y/N was on edge. She had been for a few days now. No matter how hard she tried to keep it a secret, she wasn’t exactly doing so great of a job.

This evening, she stood hunched over the maproom table, staring at the three dimensional map in front of her. Her fingers continually traced over one small, specific section and her focus never left that point. 

Thomas peered into the hut. There, just as she had been for the past few days, Y/N stood with an unwavering blank stare on the map. Even Thomas would admit, things had been rough lately mapping the maze since they didn’t seem to be making much progress. But, Y/N seemed to be taking it the hardest. 

Cautiously, Thomas walked over to Y/N and put a hand on her shoulder. “Hey—“
Y/N immediately snapped out of her thoughts and jumped back, swatting away Thomas’ arm. Breathing heavy, it took a moment before her eyes cleared and she came to her senses. Thomas stood there stunned, unsure of what had just come over Y/N.

“Sorry,” She ran her hands though her hair and sent him a weak, sorry smile. 
“It’s okay,” Thomas eyed her suspiciously. “Just came to tell you dinner’s ready. You should eat.” 

Y/N stretched her arms over her head and nodded. “Yeah,” She agreed. “Let’s go.”
The girl quickly departed out of the maproom, very obviously trying to escape so she wouldn’t have to walk across the Glade with him. In her quick departure though, Thomas couldn’t help but notice a small folded piece of paper on the table with Minho’s name on it.

Truthfully, Thomas knew better than to go through peoples things. All he could wonder though, was what if this had to do with Y/N’s change in demeanour. He was worried about her and what if this answered everything?

He had to read it.

‘Hey man, I might have found a way out. I’m sorry I haven’t told you. I just don’t want to put you or Thomas in danger. So, I’m leaving. I found a door behind the ivy and I’m going tonight to see if it’s a way out. If I’m not back by this time tomorrow, I guess you know not to try and leave the same way. I’m really hoping I’ll be back because I don’t want to lose you guys, but I’m not setting my expectations too high. I’d also feel really bad if you’re the one who has to break the news to everyone that I’m dead. Sucks for you.

Anyways, hopefully see you tomorrow.’
Thomas blinked in disbelief a few times, confused. She’d found a door and hadn’t said anything to him or Minho? She really was going to try and do this on her own. 
With adrenaline kicking into his veins, Thomas dropped the note and rushed out into the Glade. By the sound of if, Y/N was going to try and leave tonight before the doors closed. Of course she was going to do that. That way, no one could follow her and try to stop her. Thomas knew he had to intervene before she got that far.
As he escaped from the deadheads, he scanned the Glade only to find Y/N already at the dinner table, talking to Minho. She had her running gear on and her bag was sat in the middle of the Glade between her and the maze doors. She was going to make a break for it.

“There’s a note for you in the maproom, alright? If I’m not—“ Y/N’s voice faltered as she spoke to Minho, her best friend. “Yeah, whatever. You’ll understand when you read it.”

She placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled slightly before turning away. Minho looked anxious and confused, too perplexed to move his body or mouth.
“Hey—“ Thomas’ lungs forced the word out quietly out of instinct. “HEY!” He screamed.

That caught Minho’s attention. Thomas was now sprinting full speed through the grass, waving his arms at Minho and pointing to Y/N, then to the maze doors. “STOP HER!”