king and Queen (pt.6)- draco malfoy

Author:?

The scent of lavender lingered in your room.
Y

ou watched the snowflakes fall outside your big window, letting your mind wander whilst you continued to lay in bed. Draco’s arms were wrapped around your waist, pushing you closer to his hot body, a small, timid smile curling at the corners of your lips from the sweet action. It soon fell, though, when the memories of last night became vivid and equally pleasant – a strange mix of excitement and shame bubbling in your chest. You forgave him, you shouldn’t have, but you did anyway.

Slowly, you turned to the sleeping Draco Malfoy next to you, your eyes briefly roaming around his peaceful face before a smile lit up your features again.

Who wouldn’t forgive such an angel?

You moved through your big home in a rushed pace, breathlessly mumbling ‘hello’ to every servant you passed. Hopping down the staircase you stumbled into the main room, your heart skipping a beat when you laid your eyes on the massive Christmas tree shinning silver and the generous amount of presents under it. Your siblings were already ravishing their gifts – Felicira closely resembled a wild boar. Greeting them, you took a seat next to Angelo and pulled the first present your hands touched.

Buongeiorno sorella. [1]” He greeted you, though not as energetic as you had hoped. “Is there anything you wish to share with us?”

The room fell eerily quiet as they all turned to look at you, expectantly. Gulping, you fiddled with the wrapping paper of your present, suddenly nervous. You knew that your brother would not like what you were about to say, but judging from his expression he already knew – only wanted confirmation. Finally, exhaling a heavy breath, you painted a small smile on your face.

“Me and Draco are back together.”

The squalling of your sisters nearly distracted you from the disappointed look Angelo gave you, turning away and proceeding to unwrap his gifts. You nearly jumped in place when the booming voice of your mother called from the kitchen, happy, and soon she and your father stepped into the main room with champagne in their hands.

Magnifico figla [2]!” She was chipper this morning, that’s for sure “I am so proud that you forgave him.” Shoving a glass of sparkling champagne into your empty hand she stroked your hair for a second before moving away and shooting a deadpan look at your older brother “You should learn a thing or two from dear (Name), Angelo.”

“Learn what?” He glared at her, “To listen to you more? I’d rather not.”

“Don’t forget who you’re talking to, figlo.[3]” Your father stepped in, “She is your mother.” You saw your brother grit his teeth, mumbling an ‘of course’ as he took another gift and unwrapped it.

Tense silence filled the room – nothing has really changed, every year you found yourself in the same awkward position between your pissed off brother and two happily chatting sisters. And you did the same thing you always did in this situation – zoned out.

Ignoring everyone around you and drowning out their voices, you focused on the music coming from the radio, picking up the card that was in your present.