p9

hi guys so not gonna lie or anything but this part is probably going to be super super silly so yay!!😈😰 live laugh love brance!🤗

(time skip to the next moring)

(VANCES POV)
i woke up dreading the party tonight. but i needed to do it. i couldn't live like this. i couldn't even focus on school anymore. not when all i could think about was him. i was going through with adams plan, even if i had to hurt bruce. i didn't care anymore.

(BRUCES POV)
the sun spilled onto my face, creaking striped patterns through my blinds, and woke me up. i knew the party was tonight, so i had to make sure everything was perfect. though, i felt this pit in my stomach as i sat up in bed, and i couldn't figure out why. something about this night was going to be different. i just knew it.

time passed and i finished some studying before i went to get ready. i had to find the best outfit.. for someone. royal blue pants and a cream colored tshirt lay on my bed as i chose my final outfit.

i grabbed vance's sweater to return to him, but part of me didn't want to give it back. that meant i would have to return a piece of himself that he left with me, his rare kindness. god i loved that sweater.

after untangling my bike through the maze of bins in my garage, i rode off to adams house quickly. he told me himself i couldn't be late after all. i pulled into adams driveway and walked up the front porch. the door bell chimed throughout the house and i heard footsteps behind the door.

as the door flung open, i could hear the shouting and music more clearly, but i could also see him standing in the doorway. "i guess you're never really late to anything huh, goody two shoes?" his voice was so sweet now. "yup. it looks fun in here," i say back to him. the sweater i'm holding doesn't come into conversation but i slip off my shoes and walk inside.

suddenly, i look to my left to hear someone calling vance's name. the voice was unfamiliar to me, but i could tell he recognized it. "hey bruce sam is calling for me. i'll be right back." he smiled and ran off.

i was left standing alone, i didn't really know a lot of adams friends, so i went over to the food bar to try and find any of my baseball teammates. i sighed, great start to the party.

(VANCES POV)
i rushed over to sam and made sure bruce didn't follow me. i hated leaving him alone in a big crowd like that, but i was curios to know what sam needed. "okay so step one: bruce is here. now you just have to mess with him more and try to take him to my room. don't worry, we'll be up there waiting." he winked at me and walked away quickly.

this was the only way. i had to. it's for the best.. right? (wrong) i tried to put on my best friendly smile and rushed to find bruce. at least i could talk with him.

(BRUCES POV)
there were a bunch of food platters placed around the room and a big bowl of punch. i walked up to a basket of chips only to be met with two girls who looked super hyper. they were from my 4th period class but i didn't know their names.

"hii bruce! you look super cute tonightt, maybe we could all go to lunch sometime after school?" they glanced toward each other and smiled. i didn't know what to do. i mean, they were really pretty and all, but i barley knew these girls and.. there was someone else.

i returned a nervous smile and started to spiral. i wrapped one arm around my elbow and began to answer, "oh.. uh you guys seem so nice.. i mean i have baseball almost everyday after school but mayb-"

suddenly, my shoulders were tucked under someone's arm, and they started to speak for me instead. "sorry ladies but this isn't gonna work so how about you find some other boy to set your eyes on hmm?" i knew that voice. it was him.

the girls looked stunned and walked away into the crowd. once they were out of sight, vance looked down at me and smiled. i was a flustered mess and tried to turn away, but he grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards the stairs.

"now that they're gone, i have something to tell you, come on!" i felt my heart racing as i grabbed his hand and followed him upstairs.

mini cliffhanger yay!!🤗 this one's kinda long so enjoy😋 also guys aren't i so sweet! like you definitely won't get mad at me for the next part right!!! totally not!! (i will gaslight you till the end of time)

839 words