p20

OKOK WAIT BEFORE YOU GET MAD AT ME LET ME EXPLAIN MY ABSENCE😊😊 actually jk i don't have an explanation i was just procrastinating that's my bad!!🤗🤗 but your girl is back dw😈😈

(BRUCES POV)
as i biked home from school, the wind pushed past me, messing up my hair. i knew the feeling of vance was becoming familiar again; his messy writing, his loud voice. each memory of us circled around me like a cloud. i mean, maybe that wasn't such a bad thing.

i could get used to having vance around again, but i needed to focus on tara. maybe i could still ask her out. (bruce come on now bffr) even though it was still early, i dropped my backpack on the floor of my room and started getting ready for the party.

i made sure to wear something different, clothes that wouldn't remind me of the last party. i combed through my dark hair and brushed my teeth again. my thoughts just kept spinning. there was something about the memories between me and vance that.. made me miss that familiar feeling of him.

but now that didn't matter. the only person i cared about was tara.. because if i asked her out.. then maybe i could forget about him. suddenly, everything froze and my eyes began to blur. i realized that every time i've looked to tara, i haven't see anything past her shallow smile.

her eyes don't sparkle, i don't have to look up to see her, and we haven't even passed notes once. do we even work well together? not really. not like me and vance. well it's just different with him that's all. i just needed to make it work with tara, because deep down i knew vance would have never liked someone like me.

after rushing to my closet, i grabbed one of my baseball sweatshirts and stacked it on my bed for later. who knows? maybe i could give it to tara or something. (or something😈) well, even two hours before, i think i'm already prepared for the party.

(VANCES POV)
i sat on my bed watching the thin clock handles tick forward. maybe getting ready for this party would take my mind off bruce. ever since school, his voice has relayed in my head and replaced the thoughts of studying. i walked to the bathroom and combed through my curls with water.

i had never let anyone touch my hair, except mom. but once i new it would be in front of bruce's eyes everyday, i started to take care of it. i just couldn't help but feel more.. okay with him. i knew that wasn't the right word, but i don't care. bruce felt like home. but he didn't have to know that. just

before i left for tara's party, i pulled the out crumpled note inside of my back pocket. sometimes, i just wanted to rip up each and every one, because nothing had ever made me feel as good as our notes did. i hated that feeling. once every sentence had been etched into my mind one last time, i stuffed the note back in my pocket and walked to the door.

as i reached tara's walkway, the sun started to set. five minutes till seven, i was actually early? well i mean, maybe i could talk to bruce again. my boots tracked along the path and up her front porch steps. as the heavy door opened, music surrounded me, and i walked into the crowd.

EEK OK GUYS IK ITS KINDA SHORT BUT IM MAKING ANOTHER ONE SOON🤗🤗

604 words