p22

ok so hopefully i'm actually posting this today and didn't procrastinate again!!😆😆🙏🙏 currently watching ahs btw😜😜 (update: im back and dw im not really sick anymore! #thriving)

trigger warning: some alcohol use

(VANCE'S POV)
i shoved people out of the way just to reach bruce. i finally got close enough and put my hand on his shoulder. he turned to face me and flashed a wide smile. "oh thank god you're here vance- i mean tara! wait.. is that you vance? when did you get here?!" he cupped his hands around my cheeks before they slowly fell down to rest on my lower neck, dropping his sweatshirt to the floor.

"dickhead just listen are you okay? jeez what's up with you?" my eyes scanned his body before reaching the floor, just to find a practically empty solo cup next to him. "what? vance relax i'm fine!" his eyes lit up as the music flowed around us. i tried to take his hands off me, but they stayed pressed against my skin."no you're not. you're drunk, bruce."

"trust me i'm finee! just stay with me, vance, it's fun here! there's music and everything," bruce persisted. he let go of my neck and crossed his forearms around my shoulders. "no, bruce. i'm not staying. come on we can go back to my house.. just anywhere but here."

i knew i couldn't let him see tara and sam together, but my words were useless against his own. i watched a hyper smirk plaster to his face. "vance just a few more minutes? come on dance with me to this song!" my hands finally wrapped around this fingers and brought them down to his sides. "bruce look at me. we cant be here anymore. just hurry up."

i bent down to pick up his sweatshirt and took his hand, leading him to the door. i ran to the trash and threw out the cup, almost dragging bruce behind me. "vance wait but this is my favorite song! let's just stay!" i ignored his voice and kept walking to the door.

as my fingers reached for the handle, i heard more laughter coming from behind us. before i could stop him, bruce had already turned his head to watch tara and adam. as they kissed under the doorway, i pulled bruce by his hand and ran out the door.

once i made sure we were far enough away from the house, i turned to face him, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk. "okay bruce please don't get mad.. tara didn't deserve you and you shouldn't have been treated that way. i was trying to get you out of the house before you saw and got upset i didn't know they would-" i was cut off my bruce.

he was.. laughing? so much he almost doubled over on the sidewalk before i caught him, placing my arm around his shoulder. "bruce why are you laughing?" i didnt understand, didn't he like tara? before i could get lost in thought, he spoke up. "i don't think i ever actually liked tara. she wasn't really that interesting anyway. i don't even know why i started talking to her, i guess she just reminded me of you, vance."

those last words stuck like glue. "oh." i froze. my heart sank deep into my stomach as i looked away from his eyes. was this really bruce yamada? we continued walking down the street, watching the last of the sunset. suddenly, i felt his head press against my shoulder.

as bruce mumbled to himself, i realized he would eventually remember all this in the morning. i wasn't sure if what he said was even true, considering how he was acting. maybe he just hadn't meant anything he said at all. or maybe he just thought i was tara. as we reached my house, i twisted the door hinges and led bruce inside.

mini cliffhanger!!😈😰 ok so i feel like this part is kinda bad i think the story might be ending soon but lmk!!

677 words