29 • galao

Exhaustion hits you like a truck after some minutes. Despite not actively using your future vision, somehow you still feel the fatigue from it. Whether it be coming from Takemichi or from the visions inside your own head, or maybe even both.

Your head pounds and your eyes sting, forcing you to your knees in an instant.

You clutch onto your head, almost screaming in pain while trying to distract yourself by biting your lower lip. And as much as you would like to listen to Mikey and Takemichi talk while fighting you can't seem to concentrate on anything other than the searing pain going through your brain.

It's only when your name is mentioned you bring yourself to look ahead, eyes barely open.

"Then what about [F/N]-san?! You've pulled innocent people into this mess!"

Takemichi is standing in front of Mikey, arms outstretched and glare as cold as ice.

"She died because of you and your selfish actions! And she's destined to die if things stay like this!"

His words touch your heart, reminding you of all the times you've struggled for your life. The times you've died by either the hands of someone or your own. They remind you of the time you've actually gotten to live just a little longer.

"You swear to protect Hina and the people I care about. Then what about Draken?! Why did he have to die when you swore to protect him?!"

You stand up, legs shaky and head painfully throbbing. You ignore the pounding and instead make your way over to the two blond boys. Slowly but surely getting behind Mikey.

"And what about [F/N]-san? She's now someone I care about. Will you protect her? If you can at all?"

Mikey stays quiet, keeping his mouth shut and his fists clenched. There's obviously some sort of mental turmoil going on that you're oh so familiar with. The internal struggle of wanting to live yet being destined to die as well as the will to die and the struggle to follow through.

"Gotcha!"

You cling onto Mikey from behind like a magnet to iron, leaning back to pull him down with you.

With your legs trapping his arms by his side and your arms around his neck there's very little he can do now to hurt you. But Mikey is still stronger than you, so you concentrate to keep him on the ground as best as you can. He kicks the ground, hands trying to grab whatever he can. But you've encased his torso well, giving him no immediate chance of escape.

Takemichi runs towards you two, trapping Mikey's legs and helping you keep him on the floor. "Mikey!" He cries out the blonds name "Look around! There's so many people that want to help you!" Mikey says nothing, simply moving around to try and escape.

"Why is it that you only call out for help in death? Just let me help you now damnit!"

You bite your tongue, worried that whatever you want to say will strike the wrong reaction from the shorter boy. You don't know Mikey, and you tell that yourself over and over again.

"Mikey listen."

It's just that you two are too similar to hold your words back now.

"I know you might seek death and a way to escape your depressive life but listen when I say that death is not what you want."

And you speak from experience.

"I've drowned, overdosed, cut myself, hung myself, shot myself. I've jumped from buildings as high as the sky but not even the thrill of the fall, knowing that in a few seconds you will be nothing but a splatter of blood on the concrete, will be as exciting as living. There's nothing that you will wish for more than a reason to live once realization kicks in."