𝒙𝒊. eleven

༺❦༻

❝ they met in class for metaphysical philosophy, he tells his friends,
"i LIKE HER 'cause she's so much
SMARTER than me !

people watching, conan gray.

AFTER EATING DINNER, robin was washing up the dishes whilst jaelin sat on the counter and dried them off, putting them back in the cabinets.

"i don't know how she took us seriously." jaelin laughed whilst drying off a plate and putting it with the rest of the stacked plates.

"i dunno, but i'm glad she did. you looked like you were gonna burst out laughing and we would've fucked up the whole thing!" he laughed along with her, recalling a conversation at dinner.

flashback !

they settled down, eating the freshly heated up menudo. there was occasional chatter, but the three mostly ate and enjoyed the food. that was, until, ms arellano spoke up.

"jaelin, querida, why do you have injuries on your knuckles and arms?" she softly asked the teen girl opposite her.

jaelin made split eye contact with robin before clearing her throat, "oh, um, yeah about that.."

robin noticed her panicked look and decided to step in, "she fell down a flight of stairs." he blurted out quickly.

jaelin and his mother turned to him with confused and surprised looks. jaelin wasn't supposed to look so surprised so he quietly kicked her foot under the table, getting her back into her senses.

"oh, right! yeah, um, i was carrying a lot of textbooks for a teacher and didn't look where i was going and tripped.." she let out an awkward chuckle.

ms arellano's eyes widened, "dios mío! see, this is what's wrong with the system these days. why on earth would they let you carry that much textbooks that you can't even see your own two feet?!"

robin and jaelin were shocked that she bought it. nonetheless they were relived and also found her rant about the whole thing very amusing.

at one point, she started talking about how fucked up the american justice system was and honestly, they couldn't blame her.

jaelin almost laughed at how robin said it so bluntly. luckily, she was able to hold in her laughter. something she almost could never do in serious situations.

especially when trying to convince an adult.

end of flashback !

the two cleared up the last pieces of cutlery. jaelin dried all of it and put it in the drawer tray. once she hopped down the counter, she quickly remembered something.

"shit, robin, do we have science tomorrow?" jaelin asked as they made their way to robin's room.

"uh i think so, why?"

she gasped, "we have science homework due tomorrow! and i don't feel like having detention after school."

robin groaned in annoyance, "ugh, would it kill miss alvarez not to set us homework every week?!"