𝒙𝒙. twenty

༺❦༻

❝ na-na-na-na-na, FOOL, you
got caught SLIPPING ', put the
pistol to your face, don't let
this be no murder case !

na na na na na, ramirez.

A COUPLE DAYS later, jaelin was met yet again with horrible news: bruce yamada went missing. apparently, he didn't come home after the baseball game. that made jaelin's stomach turn.

she couldn't stop blaming herself, unsurprisingly. she seemed to recognise a pattern: every time one of the missing boys, besides griffin, had been last seen with her or she'd talked with them, they'd go missing right after.

a new story started floating around. apparently about a man called 'the grabber' who supposedly kidnapped the missing boys and will continue to do so and appear if you say his name, or some dumb shit like that.

nonetheless, this didn't help her overthinking. robin, finney and gwen tried to tell her it wasn't her fault, but she still blamed herself deep down. the new posters of bruce just made the unnecessary guilt more unbearable.

maybe if she just walked him home that day. maybe, just maybe, he would still be here safe and sound.

robin's uncle came into town last friday. he took robin and jaelin to the drive-in to see texas chainsaw massacre that night, which both teens were thankful for. this made jaelin take her mind of off everything for a moment.

his uncle also noticed the necklace around jaelin's neck. he was giddy that night, knowing his nephew found a good hearted person to give such a special necklace to.

though, as much as jaelin enjoyed that one friday night, nothing could've prepared her for what she would face sooner or later.

IT WAS NEXT friday, robin and jaelin were walking to school as usual. though, they decided earlier on that they'd leave early, wanting to have a peaceful walk to school instead of worrying about being late.

they went down the road next to the alleyway, which connected to finney and gwen's road. jaelin didn't want to walk past there, considering all the new posters of bruce mr yamada was hanging up again.

but she knew she couldn't avoid them all the time.

"you know what happened when i was on my way to finn's house?" she suddenly spoke up, wanting to tell robin about the creepy guy she encountered last week.

robin hummed in response, indicating for her to go on. "well i was walking down near 34th street and from a distance i see this weird-"

"oi, arellano!"

jaelin was cut off by a voice behind the two. she and robin turned around to see none other than moose standing there with a scowl. jaelin groaned and threw her head back, "you've gotta be fucking kidding me."

"what do you want, moose?" robin glared at him, saying his name with disgust which jaelin grinned at.

"you think you're the shit, huh? ever since the grabber got pinball vance, you're the new toughest kid in school?" he said the last bit as if he found it amusing.