𝒙𝒗. fifteen

༺❦༻

❝ i heard you on the PHONE
last night, we live and die by
pretty LIES, you know it, oh,
we both know it !

nothing breaks like a heart,
mark ronson & miley cyrus.

JAELIN WOKE UP to an early sunrise. she checked her alarm clock next to her which read 8:20 am. she rubbed her eyes and got up, stretching as she did so.

"morning ro- oh." she stopped herself as soon as she saw the empty space next to her, remembering she wasn't at robin's house and he didn't stay over.

she sighed in embarrassment and got out of bed and straight to her bathroom to do her morning routine. she got dressed in cuffed jeans and a black and dark green striped sweater, along with her necklace of course.

once she got out of the bathroom, she retrieved the piece of paper and stuffed it in her pocket. she opened the door and was immediately hit with the smell of fresh bacon and eggs.

did mom make breakfast?

jaelin wasted no time and dashing towards the kitchen, even sliding at the end with her socks. however, her smile turned into a tight lipped one as soon as she saw max placing a bit of bacon on a plate.

"oh, morning! hope you don't mind, i cooked breakfast!" he gestured to three plates on the counter.

she nodded slowly before making her way to the counter, sitting on the barstool. "uh, thank you. smells good." she complimented and immediately started eating it.

"no problem. all my brother has in his house is sprite and a shit ton of eggs, weird right?" he laughed as he tidied up.

"yeah, that's strange." she replied, not wanting to be rude. all she wanted to do was eat and go do what she wanted to do.

max was rambling on about his brother's taste in food and other random things. jaelin didn't mind too much, considering she was only half listening to him.

he's not that bad i guess. she concluded. though, she still felt cautious around him. after all, he was still a stranger to her in her books.

"-but i guess that's just how it is. what do you think?" max turned to her after his talk.

jaelin looked up from her now empty plate, looking like a deer in headlights. "uhm, well i think that.." she trailed off because she was certainly not paying attention to what he was talking about.

unexpectedly, the phone rang. jaelin internally thanked the phone for saving her. she got up and gave max an awkward smile, "i gotta answer that, sorry."

max waved her off and took their empty plates to the sink. she got the phone and put it up to her ear, "covey residence."

"hey aylin!" gwen's voice chirped from the other end.

jaelin smiled, "morning gwenny, how are you? it feels like we haven't talked in ages."

gwen laughed, "by ages you mean just yesterday morning, right?"