𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. eighteen

༺❦༻

❝ are you falling in LOVE?
i've the feeling YOU ARE !

moment, vierre cloud.

JAELIN TOLD FINNEY and gwen about robin's situation at lunch. of course, finney was quite bummed that his best friend couldn't make it, but understood that his health came first and would rather he get better.

"you're still coming though, right?" finney asked her, to which she nodded.

"of course, i wouldn't miss it for the world." she smiled widely, finishing the last bite of her sandwich. "how's your bruise holding up?" she asked.

"it's healing quicker than i thought to be honest. gwen's been helping me and stuff." he looked over to his little sister who had a triumph look as the two girls high fived.

jaelin saw finney fiddling with the hem of his shirt. she knew what he was thinking about and put a hand on his shoulder, "don't be nervous finn. we've seen you throw, you'll definitely strike 'em out."

gwen nodded, "yeah! me and aylin will cheer you on."

"if it helps, i've seen bruce play before. he usually swings a little earlier so the ball hits directly when he swings. if you let the ball go at the last second, you can catch him out." jaelin added.

finney took a mental note at her advice and nodded, giving the two girls a grateful smile. he wouldn't be where he was today if it wasn't for his two favourite girls supporting him along the way. he also had donna- but that's a work in progress.

if there was even any progress in the first place.

SOON IT WAS time for the baseball game. gwen and jaelin wished him a good luck before the game and went to go sit at the bleachers behind the fence.

jaelin examined the area: it was filled with family and friends cheering on their respective team/person. by the entrance there was a drinks and food stand which caught her eye.

"hey gwen, i'm gonna go get a drink. want anything?" she asked the younger girl.

gwen thought for a minute, "maybe some popcorn, please. do you need money? i've got some-"

"nah it's on me." she smiled before getting up and going around the bleachers. she dug into her pocket, pulling out some money she always carried around in case of an emergency, or just in general.

she reached the stand, seeing a woman behind the table. "can i have a water and popcorn, please." she asked her.

"yes, that'll be $3." the woman smiled as jaelin gave her the amount in exchange for the two items.

"thank you." jaelin smiled back and went to go back to gwen. the game was starting soon and she didn't want to miss any of it, knowing finney's been talking about it since he first got on the team last year.

on the way there, however, she saw donna leaning against a part of the fence looking out into the field with a coca cola bottle in her hand. jaelin knew finney would be nervous if he saw donna watching him play, especially since he was the bowler, so all the other team's hits depend on him.