𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. thirteen

༺❦༻

❝ you say the ocean's rising
like i give a SHIT, you say the
whole world's ending, honey,
it ALREADY did !

all eyes on me, bo burnham.

ROBIN EVENTUALLY REACHED jaelin's house. her mother's car was parked so he assumed her mother took her home. he walked up to the house and knocked on the door.

he stepped back and waited. he heard shuffling from the other side of the door before it swung open. it revealed a man with a moustache.

he furrowed his brows and crossed his arms, "uh, who are you? and is jaelin home?"

"oh! yes, she is. i'm max, by the way." he told him before calling out to the teen girl.

"jaelin, someone's here for you!" robin stepped inside cautiously, keeping his guard up around the stranger. he took his glare off max and turned his attention to jaelin who was walking towards him.

she immediately took his hand, "you cannot believe what just happened." she rolled her eyes before dragging him off to her room.

"woah- jae slow down." he chuckled before the two went into her room. she shut the door behind her and sat on her bed whilst robin sat on her desk chair, facing her.

jaelin grabbed a pillow and hugged it. robin sat back on the chair, his legs spread apart slightly with one arm leaning off the back board whilst the other fiddled with his necklace.

that is the most sluttiest thing a guy could do holy shit. jaelin thought before shutting it down, wanting to rant to him for a bit.

"now spill."

jaelin nodded, "okay so.."

AFTER EXPLAINING MOST of it to robin, his position changed: he was now sat forward with his arms on his legs and his hands together.

"i tried to tell her that i didn't want to stay at home with a complete stranger- a man even! and she tells me to have some hospitality? like of course, he can stay but not when she's working!"

robin listened to her rant until she was finished. she leaned on the wall beside her bed with a sigh. if her house wasn't already un-lively, then this made it much more uncomfortable.

robin nodded, "i don't like the idea of him being here any more than you do, jae. i don't trust him either."

"well he didn't seem hostile when i first met him..but still. i don't know- i wish i could stay at your place." she shrugged with a frown.

"well why not? can't you just negotiate with her or some shit?" he suggested.

jaelin sat up instantly, remembering a conversation she and her mother had. "that's what i said! but she told me that i needed to stay here to keep watch on him and take care of him. i mean, really, if she can't trust him to be here on his own, then that tells you all you need to know!"

robin scoffed, "take care of him? the fuck? i'm sure a grown ass man can take care of himself. this ain't no fucking community service."

"exactly!"

just as she agreed, a knock came from her door. jaelin looked at robin with raised brows before the door opened. the two held their guard up, but relaxed when they saw jaelin's mother pop her head inside.

"robin, your mother's on the phone." she told him before leaving.

robin furrowed his brows before getting up. jaelin followed after him as the two made their way to the phone hung near the kitchen.

they got there and spotted max no where to be seen. robin looked at jaelin who just shrugged as she propped herself on the counter top, swinging her legs and waiting for robin to finish his call.

he picked up the phone laying on the counter and put it up to his ear, "ma?"

jaelin heard a few 'mhm' and 'uh-huh' sounds from him every once in a while. his back was facing her so she couldn't tell how the conversation was going.

"¿puedo pasar la noche aquí?" (can i spend the night here?) robin asked into the phone.

jaelin perked up at the sudden spanish. from when she first met him, she's been discreetly studying spanish. most of the time she would tell herself it was to be fluent in another language just in case, but she couldn't bury the fact that she learned it for him and to understand him and his mom.

she knew certain phrases and words, and a few of his words stuck out to her enough to understand what he was asking. she crossed her fingers, hoping for him to stay.

a couple seconds after, robin sighed, "mhm, love you, bye."

jaelin focused on him as he turned around with a frustrated look. "ma won't let me stay the night here and she wants me back home before dark, but i can't just leave you with that dude." he leaned his back on the wall.

oh.

jaelin was disappointed but covered it up, giving him a half smile, "robin i'll be fine, don't worry." she hopped of the counter as the two made their way towards the front door.

she saw his hesitant look and wrapped him in a hug. "i promise to call you if anything happens or if i feel uncomfortable." she chuckled as she felt robin slowly hug back tighter.

"even if you don't feel safe, call me asap, okay?" robin told her as jaelin started lightly pushing him outside.

"yeah yeah dad, i will. now go before it gets dark arellano."

robin rolled his eyes before walking out of the front porch, not before turning around for a split second and pointing two fingers from his eyes towards her and grinning.

she laughed as she gave him a two finger salute before going inside her house and shutting the door.

after turning around, her eyes widened.

"what the fuck-?!"

୧ ׅ𖥔 ۫ iloveblondead speaks ! ⋄ 𓍯

when he's protective >>>

i swear on tristan's good
wifi that whatever jaelin
saw is good😁😁

anyways REMEMBER
TO VOTE !!!! it's free😻

༺❦༻