𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

༺❦༻

❝ where'd all the TIME go?
it's starting to FLY !

where'd all the time go?, dr. dog.

"TELL US MORE uncle finn, please!"

"yeah! your friends are really cool, when can we meet them!?"

finney, who was currently sat in the living room, smiled at the two 7 year olds pleading and jumping around for him to continue telling them about his two best friends.

"oh uhm, you see, they're on holiday right now! yeah, they're far away, living happily safe and sound away from danger." finney lied, and the kids obviously believed him.

"ooh, ooh! i wanna be able to fight like robin!" the young boy smiled as he started to punch and kick the air, trying to imitate finney's descriptions of robin's fighting moves.

"well i wanna be as cool as jaelin." the young girl blue a raspberry at her twin brother, to which he copied and turned away dramatically.

finney let out a light hearted laugh, thankful that people were able to talk about the goodness of his best friends, instead of all the despair and trauma each of them went through 15 years ago.

it took a while to recover. well, finney still hasn't fully recovered from the traumatic events, but he eventually learned to moved on and focus on the positive side of robin and jaelin's story and reminisce on the good ol' days.

"kids! time for dinner!"

the two kids collectively whined as finney shook his head, amused by their antics. "aww, but mom! uncle finn hasn't finished telling us about robin and jaelin!" the young girl huffed.

suddenly, gwen walked in with a surprised look, "uncle finn is telling you about robin and jaelin, huh?"

she looked over at finney and gave him a warm smile. she always knew he couldn't go a day without acknowledging, or even talking about how the two were the bestest friends he's ever had.

"yes! can you tell us about them? pretty please!" the girl pleaded, along with her brother who joined in.

gwen sighed before smiling, "i will, only if you come and eat up all your dinner."

the two kids jumped in excitement and practically ran to the dining table. gwen chuckled before turning her attention back to her older brother, "dinners ready."

finney nodded, "i'll be there in a second."

gwen put a thumbs up before retreating back into the kitchen. once she was completely gone, finney leaned back into the chair and took a deep breath in and out, closing his eyes.

he felt a cold breeze around him and furrowed his brows before opening his eyes again. at first, it was normal.

until he looked to his left.

there, stood a little ways in front of him, was jaelin and robin's ghost forms, still the same 15 year olds they were when they died. the same 15 year olds that never failed to make finney laugh or smile.

he laughed to himself as he put a hand up to his forehead, letting out a breath of air. he couldn't believe it. he rubbed his eyes, making sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him.

jaelin chuckled at his reaction and smiled, "sorry it took a while for us to show ourselves. we don't know how this whole thing works."

once finney confirmed that he wasn't hallucinating and they were actually letting themselves be shown, he smiled the brightest he ever did in over 15 years.

"we're proud of you, finn. we've never left your side, not once. we're always looking out for you." robin nodded his head once with a smile.

"you've grown so much- honestly, if i didn't die i'd probably get with you instead." jaelin shrugged nonchalantly. robin's eyes widened as finney held back a laugh.

"hey?!"

jaelin broke from her straight face and laughed, "kidding, arellano!" she kissed his cheek as robin huffed.

finney looked at the two in awe. their personalities haven't changed, not one bit. it warmed his heart, seeing them like this one more time. oh, what he would do to go back in time just so they could be alive together again.

"okay, no, but seriously, it's weird seeing you all old and stuff and we're stuck as teenagers." jaelin pulled a face as robin chuckled.

"finney, your food will get cold!"

jaelin gasped, "was that gwenny? i miss her so much holy shit-" she turned to robin and tugged on his arm like a child wanting candy, "can we go see them? please?"

robin shrugged, "we can but i don't know how much time we have left-"

jaelin clapped her hands in excitement, "i wish i could hug her- oh! and the kids too, they're adorable."

"i thought you hated kids?" robin laughed, a smile on his face. he adored how excited she could get over things.

"well, yeah, but they're an exception. plus, little jayla has a sarcastic personality like me, and i love that." she beamed.

"yeah, but robbie can kick and punch like no one's business. gotta respect it." robin grinned.

"uncle finn!" finney turned his head to his left, seeing jayla enter the living room, "mom wants you to eat right now."

"yes, i will in a moment, thanks ayla." finney sent the child a small smile, watching as she skips back into the kitchen.

finney turned his head back to where jaelin and robin were, but was met with nothing but air. he was taken back at their sudden disappearance, and a part of him broke a little inside. he didn't want them to leave like that so soon.

he frowned, but nonetheless got up. 'focus on the positive, finney.' he reminded himself. because of this, his day was made 10x better knowing his best friends were by his side and keeping watch over him. it made his heart full.

he was glad, and honoured, to have been able to know and be friends with jaelin covey and robin arellano.

ׅ𖥔 ۫ iloveblondead speaks ! ⋄ 𓍯

gwen named her kids
similar to their names.

i. am. crying.

༺❦༻