𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. twenty-eight

༺❦༻

❝ but when i wake up, i see
you with me. and you say,
'as long as i'm HERE, no one
can HURT you' !

everything i wanted, billie eilish.

JAELIN GOT STARTLED when the door to the basement opened. she leaned her hair against the wall and pretended to be asleep. but before she did, she could notice that dirty blond hair from miles away.

she peeked her eyes open a little, seeing the grabber walk in with an unconscious finney in his arms and a bleeding arm.

"my fucking arm. i should snap your neck for what you did to my arm." the grabber spoke with a rasp as he tossed finney carelessly onto the mattress.

jaelin wanted to get up and wrap her arms around finney. she clenched her fists beside her discreetly, feeling the rage run through her. she would've wished it was another boy, but after seeing and going through it, she wished no such thing on anyone.

the grabber looked in her direction, and jaelin quickly shut her eyes closed fully. after a couple seconds she opened her eyes slightly and noticed the grabber's attention back onto finney.

the two watched him slowly get up in a dazed state. jaelin assumed the grabber had drugged him too in a way, and she felt sickened by the image of finney being taken. he doesn't deserve this. no one does.

but you do.

her own voice echoed in her head. jaelin furrowed her brows a little whilst trying to shake the thought away. her best friend was just kidnapped for crying out loud, now isn't the time.

she looked at the grabber who brought his arm up, showing a medium sized gash with blood around it. "Jesus." he looked at it, then back at finney, "it's covered in blood."

yeah no shit, sherlock. she had to refrain herself from rolling her eyes. she had a feeling finney was responsible for that gash, and boy was she proud of him.

"it's like i killed someone." he told finney. jaelin wanted to sarcastically laugh at how ironic that was. the grabber then pointed towards the cut, "you see that?"

jaelin observed how finney didn't move an inch. he just sat there, staring back at him. this confused her on why he wasn't moving back or even trying to push him away.

the masked man then put his hand towards his face and waved it from side to side, "it's not like you can see shit."

oh.

jaelin tensed at the new information. he must've used some type of other drug because when she woke up, her vision was perfectly fine after a couple seconds.

"i know you're scared. but i'm not gonna hurt you anymore."

bullshit. jaelin clenched her fists even more. those past nail marks on her palms were going to definitely return.

"what i said about snapping your neck...i was angry, is all." he made his tone less eerie, trying to make finney believe him. but she knew he knew better than to believe whatever lies came out of the grabber's psychotic mouth.