𝒙𝒙𝒗. twenty-five

༺❦༻

❝ it will take a while, to make
you SMILE, somewhere in these
eyes, i'm on YOUR SIDE !

space song, beach house.

AFTER JAELIN'S RAMBLE about robin being stupid that he cared for her more than himself, he couldn't take her crying anymore. it didn't benefit him, and it certainly didn't benefit her either.

"jae, listen to me." robin leaned forward a little and cupped her cheek, using his thumb to wipe away the tear streaks. the sudden touch made jaelin calm down a little bit, and eventually make eye contact with him.

when she did, it was like he was seeing them for the first time. even in situations like these, her eyes always held a little bit of hope.

'holy shit, her eyes are gorgeous.' he remembered thinking. and it was still true, till this day.

"i don't care if i'm stupid. fuck that. because if stupid means you're okay, then i guess i'm dumb as shit." he laughed slightly, "i don't mean to be sappy because you and i both hate that shit, but you need to know that i-"

he was cut off when he felt a pair of lips collide into his own. at first, he didn't process what was happening- it all happened so quickly. but he didn't care. his best friend, the girl he's loved ever since they were young, was kissing him.

jaelin's heart was pounding, but it was now or never, she told herself. so, she did it. after all, actions do speak louder than words. this kiss was what they both longed for, for years. they closed their eyes; it was short and sweet, yet held that comfort the two needed.

they pulled away after a couple seconds, both feeling butterflies in their stomachs, or like a high school girl who's crush just acknowledged her in the hallway. it was a feeling they both deserved to feel.

the two rested their foreheads against each other's, processing what happened a couple seconds ago. safe to say, both of them were as flustered as they could get.

"you always know how to shut me up, huh, covey?" robin spoke after a small silence between them. jaelin let a grin appear, hearing the tease in his voice.

"one of my specialties, arellano." she laughed slightly, still feeling the euphoria moments ago. "i've been waiting to do that for years."

the two removed their foreheads from against each other's and finally made eye contact again. robin's brows furrowed, "you have?"

jaelin nodded with a tiny smile, "i just didn't know how you felt."

robin brought his hand up and fixed her hair a little bit, since some was getting in her face. he then put hair behind her ear and looked back at her, "really? i thought i was being so obvious."

"obvious about what?"

jaelin watched as he scoffed and shook his head amusingly, "jaelin covey, i like you- no, fuck that, i love you. always have, always will. i hate saying the L word, but it's true." he shrugged.

her eyes widened, but then her gaze softened. this was very cliché, but who isn't a sucker for teen romance these days?

"that's funny because finney has always been pushing me to tell you." she chuckled, "i love you, robin arellano. no matter how annoying and reckless you are." she rolled her eyes and showed a genuine smile.