30

𝖬𝖸𝖲𝖳𝖤𝖱𝖸 𝖮𝖥 𝖫𝖮𝖵𝖤
𝖬𝖠𝖳𝖳 𝖲𝖳𝖴𝖱𝖭𝖨𝖮𝖫𝖮
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 30

it was the last day of high school. an emotional yet exciting day for everyone. we finally had some sort of freedom in the world, not having to worry about finals unless we went to college, in my case i was. but also knowing that a lot of us would probably never see each other again was tough. whether it be because we were going down different paths in life, moving away, we didn't get to know each other well enough or we just end up growing apart.

i one thousand percent knew that matt, nick, chris, bella, aubrey and i would never drift apart. well i hoped and prayed that we didn't. but part of me genuinely had an awful feeling in my stomach that we would.

bella was going to princeton university in new jersey to study architecture, it was a good fit for her and also close to where her family lived, and bre was going to nyu to study law, which i think she'll be amazing at because,
1. she's good at arguing and
2. that's it, she's good at arguing, a strong willed woman.

but i was going to upenn to study art history. and the boys on the other hand, they decided not to go to college because they wanted to pursue their youtube career which i was so proud of them for. i knew that they would make it far in youtube and make everyone proud.

to be honest, we wont be extremely far away from each other, we were all still on the east coast. but that would change if the boys went to la to do youtube things like all of them do. they did promise that they wouldn't move there though, but you never know what the future entails.

after school hours we had our graduation ceremony. i had spent a shocking amount of the day showering, shaving my legs, arms and pits, you know the drill. doing my makeup only natural but with a bold red lip, deciding whether or not to straighten or curl my hair, my mom told me to curl it so that's what i did. and then i put on a white dress that went just above my knees to match my white gown. i slipped on some red heels, they weren't too big like not stripper heels, maybe an inch or something like that. they matched the red glitter on my cap, my red lipstick and also matt and chris' gown.

• • •

my mom took me to the ceremony, she went and sat with matt, chris and nicks mom and dad, tina and andrew, bellas mom and dad and sarah and mike, aubrey's parents in the stand, she was also accompanied by my brother alex.

i sat with the group in the middle of the seats so we could all be together to throw our caps and celebrate our achievements.

"once we throw these caps up we finally are free!" nick exclaimed, being slightly over dramatic with his tone and gestures.

"just so you know, im proud of you all and i love you all." i smiled looking at all of them before we all hugged each other.

"we love you em." bella said with a huge smile on her face.

i felt like tearing up, we were moving on with our lives and our high school days were almost over.

but my thought were stopped by the principal announcing the start of the ceremony.

at the start, the class valedictorian made a speech along with the principal. then after that, one by one we all got called up to the stage to get given our high school diploma.

i was the last person out of our friend group to be called up.

"emily rossi, up to the stage." the principal said on the microphone.

even though i didn't look like it, for some reason i was shitting myself with fear on the inside. i took a deep breath in and stood up before matt grabbed my hand.

"i'm proud of you." he said with a smile, and all of a sudden my worries were gone.

i walked through the isle and up to the stage. everyone was cheering but my mom, brother, friends and their parents stood out to me most. i looked around for my mom in the crowd. she was stood up with her thumb up at me and a tissue wiping her eyes in the other.

the principal shook my hand and gave my my diploma before the photographer took a quick photo of us and i exited the other side of the stage making my way back to the group.

once the rest of the people were announced, it was finally time for us to throw our caps which meant that our high school days were over.

a count down from ten had been started by the principal, we all stood up and took our caps off and joined in on the countdown so we could throw them.

"five, four, three, two, one!"

and we launched the graduation caps in the air, everyone cheering while doing so.

we all individually hugged each other in happiness. but when it got to matt, he engulfed me into a massive hug before giving me a kiss on the lips.

life was complete...

M TALKS💌
-graduation babyyyy!!
-this is probably one of the longest
chapters i've written so far, and it's
quite a good one. i'm sorry that there's
not much dialogue, but you know
what's going on.
-also, thank you all for being so
patient with me, i really appreciate
it🥰
don't think i've dropped off the
face of the earth, school is hectic😫