53. Us?

Yes, he's your typical fugitive.

Nick's POV

"...this is life and life's a bitch! You know that better than I do!.". Kaylan's words held no lies.

I was speechless. I watched as she crashed her head against the pillow and anyone could tell she was mentally fighting with her emotions...

or demons?

How I felt I could have easily won her back by making an unexpected appearance on the dance floor, making out with her in the hallway and literally giving her my best sex moves.

Shame on me.

I needed to come to terms with the fact that the sex was just for the moment and nothing else attached even though she'd whispered those three words to me while I thrusted in and out.

Kaylan Evans was different now. Two months of being sober was enough to change someone.

Her taking drugs, parents issues and also her finding out the truth on her own, maybe I'd say she'd been through alot.

and who did I think I was to win her back?

her first love?

"I deserved all of that, I'm a bad person.". I agreed.

I knew she was the one for me but was I the one for her?

Coming for prom night in my tuxedo just to save kaylan from falling off her feet was literally giving Disney but was that the aim or was it because I was jealous of her and Julian's sudden closeness?

I always watched his Instagram and Snapchat private story and him and kaylan seemed to be getting along well which might have made me jealous because that should've been me making her happy.

I wanted her to be happy but I wanted her happiness with me; just me.

"I'm not pissed at you, I'm just-". She couldn't complete her words as she wore her prom dress and looked in the mirror as she tried to zip up.

"I'll help you.". I offered as I walk over to her, zipping up.

Our eyes met in the mirror and that very moment I knew I was selfish wanting her for myself.

Did she want to be happy with me?

If anything I did not deserve her because she deserves something worth more better.

she doesn't deserve someone that'll ghost her when duty calls, she needs someone that'll stand with her till the end.

"... the last two months has been hell for me and I tried to survive without any therapy session because-". Tears ran down her cheeks as she talked.

"Come here." I whispered with my arms open.

come to daddy

Her arms were wrapped around my waist and her face to my bare chest.

How could hugging someone be this comforting?

I felt...

Peace?

I lay a small kiss on her head as I whispered into her ears, "I wish I could make things right."

I really wished but I could not.

I could not leave out my family's legacy.

And I knew at this point that making things right could only mean one thing...

going our separate ways for we are from completely different worlds.

Was that the best I could come up with?