23. My Boyfriend Is A Monster And So Is Mr. Greene

Kaylan's POV

My heart was still pounding heavily in my chest due to the situation now.

"Kaylan, calm down". My subconscious begged.

Mr. Greene's wrist watch in the Sanders house could only mean one thing, that Mr Greene had been in the Sanders house because he wore the watch the Friday he disappeared. The watch was less attractive for a thief to steal, so Mr Greene had been here all along.

I came out of the basement and headed to the living room with the watch in my hands. Nick was quick to notice my presence.

"What took you so long, Kay?". Nick asked calmly.

"This!". I raised the watch up for him to see.

"What the hell!". Nick exclaimed as his eyes widen.

"Where did you get it from?". I asked him.

"I should be asking you the same thing".

"Okay, I'll answer. I found it in a neatly arranged basement under the table. So now your turn to answer".

"Kay, it's...". He was saying before I cut him off.

"Before you spill a good lie, I know it belongs to Mr Greene". I made it clear to him.

"Kay, what the fuck!". Nick exclaimed again. "It's not what you think".

"You wanna know what am thinking? Was Mr Greene here the Friday night he went missing?". I asked.

"Kay, we can...".

"It's a yes or no answer, Nick's!". I was now sounding like the detectives in movies interrogating suspects.

"Yes, he was". He's answer was genuine, I knew it from his eyes. He was now standing.

"Oh my God! Were you part of the people that beat him up?". I asked another question.

I was forgetting that I am aspiring to be a lawyer not a detective but now it's justice for Mr Greene.

"We can talk about this another time, Kay". He's voice was low.

"You want me to walk out of this house with the watch in my hands, to go give the cops a major lead on this case, huh?".

"No. It's just that there's more to this".

"Then start talking! You told me that there's nothing much to know  about your life". I wasn't just ready for this.

"Fine, I'll tell you what you wanna know". He paused.

"I'm all ears". At least I could still reason with him, he was still my boyfriend.

"Mr Greene was here last Friday night because he was having an affair with Liz, even when he had a wife and a kid at home. He was a cheater". Nick's tone held sadness.

"Oh my God! That's shameful!". I exclaimed.

"You don't know something about me Kay?".

"What?".

"I hate cheaters and once anyone cross my path, they don't go back the same". Nick's tone held rage this time.

"And Mr Greene unfortunately crossed your path". I whisper.

"And that was the mistake he made". Nick's voice was all bloody.

Nick was scaring me now, I've never seen him this dark before or maybe the time he saved me from Caleb but not as dark and bloody right now.

"So you and who beat Mr Greene up". I asked.

"Only me, Kay. I drugged him up and beat him mercilessly". Nick had no shame. He was scaring me more.