54.The Final Chapter: Maybe I don't want the Badboy

"No matter what you feel next, just know that wherever I am, I'm okay..."

Kaylan's POV

Dear diary,

"I'm happier than ever." My therapist told me to always utter those words to myself and for the past week I could finally feel a breakthrough.

My mother decided that I should finally get to talk to a professional about everything that happened for the last two months and I wanted to take my mental health seriously. Dr. Lillian was one of the best recommended Seattle's therapist for teens. I opened up to her easily and I told her everything with no detail left out. She confessed that my story was actually thrilling and intriguing and that the reason i felt all my mixed emotions trying to explode and eventually loosing my mind was because I was holding to the past for just too long.

I hadn't moved on from my past actions and mistakes and that was enough to pull me back to a dark phase. I even suffered writer's block for my valedictory speech but the one-week therapy session with Dr. Lillian made me see things positively and differently with an open mind.

Dr. Lillian made me realize that I did not have to worry about Cassie too much, the best i could do for her was to get on my knees and pray for her safety. She also made me take note that I should be on the look out for Cassie, that she might be watching because of the type of person she is.

I made peace with the fact that Nick and I's relationship had finally come to an end. I ended it and Dr. Lillian felt it was the right thing to do. Say No to a toxic relationship.

This brought me to the billion-dollar question, "what did I really want?." and for God's name I was the only one capable of giving an answer to it.

love x.

I closed my journal inhaling a deep breath as my head sank into the soft pillow, then a warm smile play across my face as I remember what today was.

MY GRADUATION DAY!

I stepped down from my parent's king-sized bed as I headed down-stairs. Today was the day my grounding ends. I'd have my social life, my room, my privacy, visiting friends and my car back.

"Good morning Mom, Dad." I greeted them perceiving a delicious smell of baked-cake filling the whole living room.

"It almost feels like it's your birthday.". My mother said from the kitchen, and I bet she had a wide smile on her face.

"Who is graduating from high school today?."

I turned to look at my dad with the genuine smile he had on his face.

"Me I guess. I almost forgot." I giggled.

I was back to making jokes with my father even though he had been an asshole to me for the past month.

"So here's for the graduating girl." He said as he opened up his briefcase, placing them out one by one, "your phone, your room keys, your ear-pods, your credit card and your car keys". He lined them up on the table waiting for me to grab them all at once which I would have done but the car keys were different from mine.

"Those ain't my car keys." I tell him but he did not even give a second look at the keys to be sure he hadn't made a mistake.

"If that's your way of saying thank you for a new ride then you're welcome."

"What?"

"Oh my God!" I screamed and I could swear I still don't know how my arms were quickly wrapped around him in a father-daughter hug.