25. Tell Me A Story

Kaylan's POV

I needed a breath of fresh air and so did Nick. Some kind of shocking discoveries could be suffocating. We found our way up to the Attic of the Lake house and we head straight to the roof top.

We sat beside each other on the roof as we planned on seeing the Sun Go Down. It was evening already and the breeze blew so cool.

We had catched enough breath for us to rethink all about the love letters we'd just read.

"It's kinda weird". Nick spoke.

"Yeah. Knowing our grandparents had an affair even though they were married differently". I said.

For real! The letter shocked me.

"But it's weirder". Nick grinned.

"How?". I asked.

"That their grandchildren are in a relationship now". He laughs.

"For real right". I laugh too.

"They sounded so in love".

"I swear. I could feel the passion in their words". I add.

"But they weren't meant to be together because they were both married differently with children. But they eventually broke up". Nick scoffs.

"They broke up because she found out about a family secret or should I say the Sanders family secret". I look at him and stare.

"Why are you looking at me like that?". Nick sounded confused and ridiculous.

"Do you know any family secret?". I sounded now like a 6-year-old.

"None that I have heard of". He spilled.

"Well the secret involved a dangerous world".

"We both read that". He says.

"A secret that can break two lovers apart is definitely Savage!". I was kinda realistic.

"Well, I get it now!". Nick states.

"Get what?". I asked a bit confused.

"Why my dad always cheats". Nick scoffs.

"Your dad was a cheater too?". I asked.

"Yup. He cheats because his father who is my grandfather cheats also and my grandfather mostly cheats on my grandmother with your grandmother. You know what I mean". He blinks trying to think about the words he just said.

"You're so funny, Nick". I laugh.

"That's the damn truth, Kay".

"I know. I know".

"That's why he beats up my mum".

"Oh my God!". I exclaimed.

"I have seen more of women troop in and out of our house than friends in my childhood".

"That's bad". I was getting sad.

"He was more of an alcoholic than a workaholic or maybe he worked in the night because I never got to see him in the night time. You know the thing here?".

"No?".

"He still maintained our family's wealth. We were still very rich".

I knew the Sanders were stinky rich people.

"So he brought women in the daytime?". I was getting more interested in the heart breaking story.

"Yup. Sometimes he even fucks them in front of my mum. If she said a word, he'd punch her".