8. I'm So Dead

"Do you think we're still forgetting something?". My mum asked.

"How do you expect me to know". I tell her.

"Well, that question wasn't for you Kay, it was for your dad". She says.

"How do you expect me to know either". My dad fired.

"Oh really!". My mom exclaimed.

"I'm set already, so I don't know what you're forgetting". He said.

"Fine, I'm set let's go". She says and turns to my direction. "Kay, aren't you gonna see us off?". She asks me.

"Oh, yeah, I forget". I say still feeling sleepy or let me say I'm pretending to feel sleepy to hide my Joy.

"Kay, are you sure you can stay alone?". My dad asks.

"I'm very sure, dad. I'm not a kid anymore at least am 17". I tell him.

"Or do you think, we should call ma'am Flores to come over in the night hours?". My mum looked concerned.

"Mum, I said, I can stay alone, even if I can't sleep alone. I can go over to Chelsea's or Anna's house for a sleep over". I tell her plainly.

"Ok, just know God is with you. Fear not, my dear". My dad said before kissing my forehead.

"Always remember to pray before you sleep and always be a good girl". My mum says as I give her a warm hug.

"I'd be fine mum, I promise".

"It's 6am already honey we need to start moving before we get held by the traffic". Dad says to mum.

I watch them go hand in hand, before they enter the car. They turn on the head light of the car as I waved at them, they drive off. They're just gonna be gone for three days and three nights for an evangelism program in ' God knows where '. I recall what my mum had said "... Always be a good girl". Oh mum, just not this Kaylan.

"Turn up the music, baby". Cassie started shouting.

"Calm down, they may hear you". I started whispering.

"I doubt that, they're far gone". Cassie says.

"So, we're gonna have this house to ourselves". I say cheerfully.

"For three days only". Cassie reminds me.

"I know, I'm gonna see if there's any Friday night party". I tell her.

"I gotta pop champagne". Cassie was now holding a champagne.

"Ok then". I hear the poping of the champagne.

"Take the glass". Cassie orders me, stretching out to me a glass. I take it. She pours some for me and herself too.

"Cheers to freedom". She say lifting the glass up.

"For just three days". I give a smile as I lift my glass to meet hers making a cheer.

***

School hours was fast today and the closing bell was rung. We had sports after School and I was definitely staying for sports today, I hardly stayed for sports because it was not compulsory but I wanted to stay because my boyfriend was partaking in basketball.

"Kay, it seems you're waiting behind". Chelsea's voice brought me back to the world.

"Yeah, I am". I tell her.

"So what's happening today that you wanna stay". Abigail comes in.

"Umm, did I tell you my parents are out of town". I tell them with a semi smile.