9. Nights Like This. Part I

I had never been summoned to a teacher's office for entering trouble. This was my first time. We were both standing at Mr. Hemsworth's table while he was sitted.

"So now explain what was happening". Mr Hemsworth started talking.

"There's nothing to explain, you saw it all". Nick was cool as he said it.

"And you?". Mr Hemsworth points at me.

"Yes sir, I can...". I was saying before he cuts me.

"Aren't you Pastor Evans' daughter?". He says with his eyes wide open like as if he just recognized me.

"Yes sir". I say with my eyes down.

"So what do you have to say?". He says.

"Sir, we are sorry". I tell him still not looking.

"Speak for yourself". He shouts.

I'm sure he was pissed at what Nick told him. I glanced at Nick who gives me a Go ahead.

"Sir, I'm sorry. It would never happen again". I tell him in a pleading manner.

"Fine, you're free to go". He simply says not even looking at me.

"What? Only me". I ask to be sure.

"Yes, Sanders would stay with me". He says.

"Kaylan, wait for me at the hall way, I would be with you in five minutes". Nick says.

"Ok". I glance at Nick once more before walking out.

How rude could Nick be? He was brave and fearless and as I could see Nick wasn't your typical Badboy, he was more to that. He wasn't scared at all, and I guessed Mr Hemsworth was scared already. I saw the bloody stare Nick gave to him and that reminded me of the way he gave Caleb the beating of his life. Nick was nice, I was sure of that but bloody at the same time.

"Kaylan let's go". Nick's husky voice brought me back to reality.

"Oh, you're done. That was less than 5 minutes". I tell him.

"I know right".

"So what did he ask?". I ask him as we were walking.

"I don't wanna talk about it, all you should know is that he has dropped the case and he saw nothing". He was plain.

"Oh really". I was dropping the case. I didn't want to ask further.

We walked to the parking lot, his car was the only one there apart from some teacher's car.

"Where's your car?". He asks me.

"Cassie stole it. She had my spear keys". I tell him.

"Ok fine. I'd just drop you home". He tells me as he opens the door for me.

"Did I tell you my parents are out of town for three days and three nights". I tell him.

"So...". He says plainly rolling his gray eyes.

"So, I can sleep wherever I want". I tell him with a big smile.

"You wanna come over to my house".

"Sure boo". I tell him as I sit down. He enters the car too.

"You have plans for the night?". He asks me with a smile.

"Let me say, I have an heads up".

***

I look at the road to Nick's house closely, so that on my own I'd come to give him a surprise visit. He had already parked his car and I opened the door stepping down. The house was big, a duplex to be precise. We walk together to the door wat and I expected him to open the door but instead he rang the bell.