17. Lead Us Not Into Temptation

Kaylan's POV

Nick had already dropped me, two buildings away from my house. I guess he's already used to that. I gave him a deep goodbye kiss before watching him speed off, well, he made my day. I walked home and I saw my car already neatly parked. That was Chelsea's handwork I guessed.

Everyone must have noticed I was missed but they will all know it was both me and Nick that were missing.

I could feel the cool evening breeze. I was definitely sleeping with my windows open tonight. I walked up to the porch, I didn't ring the doorbell yet and just tried the doorknob yet then it opened. The door was unlocked.

Oh Cassie! There's need for security!

Right now all I needed was a shower and a long sleep. I quietly found the stairs and I began to climb.

"Sneaking out of school and sneaking back home. Who does that?". Cassie's voice caused me a little bit of shock.

I paused.

Then turned around to face her. She was lying down comfortably on the couch. How come I didn't even notice her despite the lights being on?

"I wasn't sneaking back in the house". I defended.

"Ohh really, so what happened to the doorbell?". She was giving me a poker face now.

"The door was unlocked". I defended again. "And besides doors should be locked for security reasons". I was trying to play smart.

"Oh I see. Speaking of security reasons". Cassie smirked and I could bet she was ready for a confrontation.

"Cassie...". I was about to speak before she quickly cuts me off.

"Well, did you know not sneaking out of school is part of safety reasons, huh?". Cassie stood up already.

"Cassie, look, am exhausted right now". I was damn serious.

"You exhausted? I should be the one exhausted here! Who did you think turned to your errand girl in split of seconds to clean up your mess?". Cassie was quite serious.

"What?". I was a bit confused.

"Who did you think had to take the risk of coming out? Who did you think had to go to your school to pick up your backpack and car? And besides, who did you think had to spill a good lie for your sake?". Cassie looked pissed of with me now.

"Oh my God! I ...". I was out of words, I didn't know what to think.

"You were reported for sneaking out of school, Kay". Cassie simply said.

"That's certainly Stacy's handwork". I was still trying to think who else would report me.

"Well, Chelsea called the family line and you're lucky I was nearby to pick it up and she filled me up on the gist that you were reported for sneaking out of school, and the punishment was 2 weeks suspension with your parents awareness and I was the only person to save you at the moment". She paused to catch her breath.

I stared and waited for her to go on.

"I had called the school line and told them you had to come home because you were terribly sick and you forgot your medications. I had to apologize on your so called behalf then go over to your school to get your things".

"Wow!". I exclaimed.

"So sisterly of me, right?". Cassie was smiling.

"Thank you so much, Cass". I was joyed, she saved my sorry ass.

"That's not what I want to hear".

"Oh. You actually wanna hear I owe you big time for everything, right? Of course I do". I was a little bit cheerful.