Chapter 9: A New Friend In The Group.

6am. Some people got up early, yawning and going for walks. Some people stayed sleeping, covering up with warm, soft blankets. Fell grumbled, rolling over onto his stomach, trying to sleep. Frisk was curled up, calmly sleeping. Ellie, on the other hand, couldn't. Tossing and turning, she didn't sleep all night. She got up, rubbing her eyes. Ellie heard breathing beneath her. Heavy breathing. She leaned at the side of the bunk bed, looking to the bunk below her. It was Kitty. Ellie reached her hand down, trying to reach her. Kitty rapidly sat up, still breathing heavily. Ellie's hand flinched back, however, it stayed in reach for Kitty to hold. In shaky breaths, Kitty gently touched Ellie's hand,".. E-Ellie..?" she whispered. Ellie's face heated up, she took a small breath before replying,"Are y-you okay..? You look scared..." she whispered back.
"Y-yes, I'm perfectly f-fine.." Kitty held the covers close, shivering.

Ellie pulled her hand back and got up, she climbed down to the bottom bunk,"Are you sure..?" Ellie asked. Kitty nodded, turning her gaze away,"Y-yes I just.. Get n-nightmares a lot..." She explained. Ellie nodded, looking towards the window. Atleast 15 minutes had passed by now, more people were outside. Ellie looked back at Kitty, who still held the covers close to her like they were a teddybear. Ellie's face was still warm, but no one could see her blushing. The room was too dark. "Do you want to maybe.. Go outside?" Kitty looked up at her, calming down,"S-sure.. I'd love to.." Ellie smiled. She went to the front door, waiting for Kitty. As soon as she was ready she opened the door for the both of them, letting light shine in the room. They stepped outside, people passing by waved hello to them, and they did the same back to them. The two sat on a small, wooden bench,"To be honest... I have never been in social settings like this.." Kitty said. Ellie looked at her, a bit confused.

Blinking she asked,"What do you mean? You should've as a child, right..?" Kitty shook her head,"I've never been brought to situations of going outside and interacting with people.."
"But when we met Jupiner.. You talked so confidently.." Ellie said.
"I did because I knew how to converse, I just didn't do it quite a lot." Kitty said. Ellie looked down at the concrete ground for a minute, deep in thought. She looked back at her,"I've been talking to people all my life.. I've never gotten that type of confidence.. Not to mention I stutter.." she looked away again. Kitty continued looking at her,"But you aren't stuttering as we're talking." she said. Ellie stood straight in a bit of surprise,"I-I wasn't..?" She asked. Kitty shook her head,"No.. Is it a form of trust, perhaps?" she said. Ellie nodded,"However, isn't it a tiny bit wierd you started trusting me so quickly?" Kitty added on. Ellie's face was hot again, she had small butterflies in her stomach.

"Yeah.. It is.." Ellie replied, knowing full well why she trusted her. Ellie's ears twitched, Kitty noticed them and smiled. The two of them looked polar opposite in the way they were sitting. Ellie was hunched over slightly, it was evident her posture wasn't good. Kitty, on the other hand, had her back straight. As others might say, it was an immaculate posture, however it was normal. Her light brown hair touched the back of the bench, almost blending into it. They both sat in silence for a small while,"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" Kitty asked, Ellie nodded in response. 7 am. They still sat on the bench in silence, until a familiar someone approached them,"Hello."
"Hello Jupiner!" Kitty replied. Ellie moved closer to her, giving Jupiner space to sit down on the bench. Ellie was sort of squished in the middle, she didn't mind it. At least, she didn't mind it when it was Kitty and Jupiner.

"What.... Are doing?" Jupiner asked, Ellie looked up at her,"Just talking, nothing else.." her face was hot again. Jupiner breathed in and out, thinking of how to phrase her sentence,"Days ago.. Heard talking, with people....." She paused, thinking again,"for fighting.." Jupiner said. Kitty smiled,"Yes, those are our friends, we were indeed talking about fighting."
"Yeah.. I realised I'm hopeless at fighting, I don't even attack. I'm not good at dodging either.." Jupiner smiled, indicating that was what she wanted to talk about,"Could protect.. You.." Jupiner said. Ellie sat straight, she liked the idea of that. Maybe even loved it,"Are you positive you want to protect her? Our enemies are quite strong..." Kitty said. Jupiner nodded, an extremely determined look on her face,"I good... Fighting." Ellie smiled. Once again, her face was hot,"T-thanks.." she said before turning to look at the ground.

"Then I guess we have a new friend in the group."

(Word count: 840)
(I was so confused on what to name this chapter, since most of it was Kitty and Ellie talking and sort of opening up to eachother but oh well-)