Chapter 14: Comforting Day.

Ellie lay on her bed face down, kicking her legs frustratedly on it,"But we kissed!! And I don't know what she feels and what she thinks about it- and- and-" She wined while slamming her face down onto her pillow. Fell tried to ignore what she was saying, covering his head with his pillow to try to sleep. Kitty stared out of the window, squinting her eyes due to how bright it was outside,"Then ask her.. It won't hurt to just ask her, right?" Kitty said. Ellie groaned and turned to lay on her back,"But i don't know if she's offended, if she doesn't like me... She said it's fine when I apologised and all that, but I'm still scared! What if she lied to me, maybe she doesn't want to be around me anymore-" 

"Ellie stop overthinking." Kitty cut her off,"Just go and ask her how she feels."

"No... I'm scared.." Ellie said, burying her face into her pillow afterwards. Last night was some sort of emotional roller coaster for Ellie and Jupiner. They were under the mistletoe, however. That was something that would force them to kiss either way. Ellie actually liked the kiss, yet beforehand she thought she'd never like kissing. She was afraid of what Jupiner thought, she was afraid Jupiner felt uncomfortable and wouldn't want to stay around her.

In reality, Jupiner didn't mind anything. Just a little beforehand she had been reflecting on her feelings. She knew that her adoration and love for Ellie made her not mind it at all. Jupiner didn't know where the adoration came from, she just knew she did adore Ellie. She could feel it. And sometimes her heart felt a bit heavy, or it was beating more than usual, or her breathing wasn't normal. She just knew that she wouldn't be able to stop adoring her, however she didn't know how to say it. She did want to tell Ellie , but she didn't know how. She's never known how to express herself of course, but she can try to put bits and pieces together of other words.  

Kitty sighed and dragged Ellie out of bed,"We're going to ask her, let's go." She said. Ellie tried to get out of her grip, yet to no avail. Her weak nature didn't help her out at all. Before she realised, Ellie had reached Jupiner's house with Kitty. The blinds were opened, letting sunlight gleam into the living room. Kitty knocked on the door. Around a minute after the door opened, with Jupiner slightly yawning. Ellie's face was as red as a tomato, she looked a bit flustered yet worried. Kitty smiled at Jupiner,"Hi Jupiner."

"Hello.." Jupiner replied. Kitty slightly pushed Ellie in front of her,"Ellie said that she needed to ask you something so I brought her over-"
"I didn't say anything!" Ellie cut Kitty off and protested. Jupiner looked slightly confused, yet Ellie and Kitty mostly acted this way together so it was normal. Ellie finally got to stand up properly,"I mean yeah I wanted to ask you something but not now.." Ellie mumbled. Kitty smiled once more,"Well, I'll leave you two alone now.." She said and walked away. Ellie looked to her in a panic, she didn't know what to do,"want.. Go inside..?" Jupiner asked. Ellie nodded, stepping inside after which Jupiner closed the door behind her. Ellie walked into the living room and Jupiner followed,"What .. you want.. ask..?" Jupiner asked. Ellie looked at her, face red,"Just.." She trailed off and shivered before continuing to talk," I wanted to uh.. talk about yesterday.. and about how we kissed.." Jupiner looked at her intently with a sudden spark in her eyes. She nodded and Ellie continued on,"I was just really worried if it made you uncomfortable or not.." Ellie said. Jupiner looked at her for a few seconds before replying,"No.. Did not.." She said. Ellie gave out a sigh of relief,"Oh good- I honestly thought you wouldn't like me anymore because you felt uncomfortable.." Ellie confessed. She smiled at Jupiner,"Well, I should probably get going now.."

Jupiner looked towards the small TV in the living room,"Could stay.. Watch mo-...." She cut herself off, trying to remember how to say it,"Movie?" Ellie finished her word off. Jupiner nodded. Ellie thought for a second,"Sure!" she said. Of course, she now felt more comfortable due to the satisfaction of knowing Jupiner doesn't hate her. They both say down on the couch, opposite to the TV. Ellie and Jupiner weren't sitting that close to eachother, not until Ellie shuffled closer. Jupiner picked the remote up and stared at the buttons intensely, finally pressing the one to turn the TV on. Voices beamed through from the channel that was on. Ellie held her hand out,"Do you want some help with checking what movies there is?" She asked. Jupiner nodded and gave her the remote. Ellie swiftly looked at the selection of movies that day,"Princess and the Frog.. Die hard.. Turning red.. James Bond.." Ellie read out a few names. Jupiner took interested in the first,"Princess and.. The frog..?" She said. Ellie smiled,"Yeah! A Disney classic! It's not my most favorite but I like it a lot!" Ellie said. Jupiner stared at the TV, knowing she wouldn't be able to read what was on screen exactly,"What.. Is about..?" She asked.
"A selfish prince who makes a deal with a shadow man and gets turned into a frog.. Then he turns his future wife into a frog by kissing her and then go on a huge adventure and finally at the end they get married etcetera.." Ellie said. Jupiner thought and then nodded," I want.. Watch that.." She said to Ellie who put it on.

The movie was over, Jupiner was amazed by the movie. She wasn't sure what it was, but she was amazed. Ellie yawned, stretching her arms out and subconsciously leaning her head onto Jupiner's shoulder. Ellie's hand lay exactly next to Jupiner's. She was tired and falling asleep. Jupiner's piercing green eyes looked at Ellie. Something about Ellie seemed so peaceful to her, so adorable to her.

Jupiner smiled.

She looked down at Ellie's hand, taking it into her own. Her dark skin contrasted to Ellie's pale colour. Jupiner felt at comfort and ease. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes, she wouldn't dare to move now.

A small while later, Jupiner opened her eyes again. Ellie was sound asleep. Jupiner decided to carry her upstairs to her room, she'd sleep more comfortably there. Jupiner lightly pushed Ellie off of her and stood up, gently picking Ellie up and carrying her upstairs. She placed Ellie down onto the bed, slowly and carefully. Jupiner put the blanket over Ellie, tucking her in. She took one last look at Ellie before going downstairs. She smiled, her face was flushed with heat. Jupiner quietly closed the door and walked back downstairs.

Today was a comforting day.

(word count: 1179)