Chapter 13: Guilt, Fear Or Regret?

"We cannot keep on losing." Kitty said, concluding a small speech. She was sick of it. Ellie stared at her,"Uh... Thank you for the motivational speech..?" She said, unsure. Kitty looked at her, a bit stunned,"... I suppose it does sound like a motivational speech."
"Yes..." Jupiner said. Fell leaned against a wall, non-existent eyes closed. Frisk listened intently, their small mind intaking information. Fell opened his eyes,"Why is Nightmare after you anyways?" Kitty clutched her necklace,"It is.. A long story.. A long story and a sensitive subject.." she replied. Fell looked away, closing his non-existent eyes again. The group went quiet for a small minute,"We should team up with Ink." Frisk said. Fell scoffed,"Unless you want him to do absolutely nothing."

Everyone looked at Fell in confusion,"What do you mean?" Ellie asked. Fell looked at her,"He doesn't keep his promises. Ask Error. They made a promise. Did Ink keep the promise? No." Frisk frowned. Kitty looked at him, confused,"How would you know that? Wouldn't they keep the story to themselves?"
"Everyone knew when they made the promise, we didn't see them fighting anymore. And then when they spontaneously started fighting again, some of us almost died asking Error about everything." Fell replied without hesitation. The others stayed silent. Ellie took a breath,"You know what? I'm just gonna go outside-" she quickly said. Jupiner looked towards her,"I'll come too..." Ellie smiled. Kitty also looked to them,"You wouldn't mind if I joined, would you?" The three walked out.

It was high time for them to try to end this. They couldn't keep on fighting, and couldn't afford the "heroes" fleeing every time they started losing. It was a waiting game for Nightmare. It was a waiting game for Horror, Dust and Killer.

It was something Ellie didn't look forward to.

It was something Kitty dreaded of but would go ahead with anyways. Something she'd go ahead with for the sake of revenge.

It was something Jupiner wouldn't have an opinion about, she was there to protect. She joined maybe a bit too late, but she cared. She cared to help, and maybe she even cares to understand.

It was something Frisk would go ahead with either way. Their determination wouldn't stop them. Even if they were 10;Even if they were too young, they had already gotten used to violence. They were willing to listen, they wouldn't have an opinion either way.

It was something Fell would do, for the sake of protection. It was something he'd carry out with, just to help them. He wasn't the type, everyone knew that. But he'd get away from the constant fear because of them. He'd get away from the shame and humiliation because of them. With this, he's willing to help in the way they had helped him.

If all of them could, they'd have a more peaceful life. If they played their choices differently they wouldn't be here. But it was nice being here, and they wouldn't notice it until years into the future. But maybe the after effects wouldn't be so nice, filling some with guilt for dragging others into their business; filling some with fear of what might happen next in their lives. And this point in time they wouldn't want for anything except peace, and when they do have it they would regret almost every choice they have made in their lives.

(word count: 578)
(I was rushing this so your welcome I guess- I'm sorry I haven't really touched on some characters and backstories etc- I've been busy and exhausted, I've moved house and I need to get adjusted- I also have lots of tests coming up so that will be a lot of the free time I had for writing taken up by revising. I'm sorry that this went from uploading atleast twice every week to once every two weeks. I promise this story is close to its end. I might make a rewrite with a more well thought out plot.)