Sympathy

Kitty stood in front of Fell, slightly fiddling with her skirt," I need you to take me to uh... Dreamtale..." she said in a more casual voice than her usual "high status" voice. Fell looked at her, stopping drinking mustard," Dreamtale? What business ya got there?" He asked.
"It's personal.. Please just take me there, I'll be as quick as possible to finish what I'm doing there.." Fell nodded slightly, then opened a portal," Go on, I'll come through with you and close the portal behind me." Kitty smiled at him and walked though the portal. A big tree trunk stood in place, it had been severed from the other part of the tree. It had been broken away harshly, like a big force of power hit it without care. And on the far side of that trunk stood a figure. A stone statue. Kitty walked up to it, holding, her hands behind her back. Standing to the right of the figure, someone else walked up next to her.

Nightmare.

He was there too, but not looking for a fight. Kitty looked at him and stepped away quietly," I'm not going to murder you right now. Even if I have the chance." he said. She looked away from him," Then why are you here." Kitty said, weary. He continued looking at the statue," Because of Dream." He said. Nightmare looked to the tree trunk behind the statue. The statue. The statue was Dream," I'm not allowed to visit my "brother" in his grave like the many times I have before?" Nightmare said. Distrust was building up in Kitty. Of course she didn't trust him. He's been trying to get rid of her all of this time. Nightmare looked at her," Why are you here? Let me guess. You, Katherine-Leigh yet called Kitty, are visiting your "father" after what happened 8 years ago." He said. Katherine-Leigh. Kitty's eyes widened at the sound of that name, she hadn't been called that for so long. She didn't use it, that's why she hadn't. But sometimes her family would call her by "Katherine" or "Kathy", never would she expect Nightmare to remember that name anyways.

She looked towards the ground," Why are you calling me by that name.." She said. Nightmare scoffed,"It is your real name. If you're going to cry, cry as much as you want. I don't care." Kitty took a shaky breath in," I'm not going to cry.." She said. Nightmare grinned," You know I can sense the negativity from you. You also know it gives me power." He said. Kitty scoffed,"Why are you visiting him anyways.. You're the one who turned him into stone.." She said. Nightmare's grin dropped," You do know what regret is, don't you? And thought regret is not fully the reason I am here, it is part of it." He said. Kitty sighed and started walking away back to Fell.

She felt sympathy towards Nightmare. Maybe bad guys aren't always bad.