Chapter 44

Caitlan's POV:

Me, Mom and Madea are sunbathing by the pool. We're leaving the hotel later today and heading back to Mom's apartment. Mom then sat up and said "we need to talk." I sat up worried. "Don't look so worried babygirl. It's nothing bad. In the 60s I rescued a mental patient from an institution named Briarcliff. She's called Pepper, she was wrongly sentenced to the place and I took her under my wing, and placed a resurrection sachet in her. I didn't mention anything for both of yours protection. Anyway she's going to be here any minute to meet you." I smiled at Mom. "Who'd have thought Rowena MacLeod was a softie?" I stood up and headed to the lobby, Mom slapping my butt as I walked past.

As I walked into the lobby, I heard familiar voices, the idiots from the other day. "Hey freak! I didn't know the circus was in town." I looked and they were surrounding a woman with Microcephaly. I walked over and they were all taunting her. I coughed to make my presence known. They all turned around and I saw terror on their faces. "What you gonna do? Break all of our noses? We're the ones surrounding you." The ass who's nose I broke the other day taunted. I smiled and flashed my eyes purple. They all shit themselves and ran off. I then looked at the woman. "Are you ok?" I smiled. She smiled back and nodded. Then said "Caitlan?" I then realised this must be Pepper. "Pepper?" She nodded. Pepper then engulfed me in a huge hug.

The four of us sat in our suite. "Pepper doesn't like to talk fully in front of strangers but if it's someone she trusts she's comfortable" Mom smiled. Pepper smiled and said "Rowena didn't want to tell you about me for our safety's and I think she was afraid you'd be jealous of someone sharing a mom with you." I chuckled. "I guess, I mean I am protective over Mom but having a big sister around would have been fun. Especially since I have two older brothers."

We packed up and headed home. Madea is staying a couple of nights, before heading back to Georgia. "Caitlan?" Pepper meekly asked. "Hmm?" I looked up. "When you go on your next hunt with your brothers, do ya mind if I tag along? I'd like to help." I smiled. "I'd like that. And don't worry about my brothers, they can seem intimidating but they're big softies."

Madea left a couple days after we got home, but it's a couple weeks later. Me, Mom and Pepper were enjoying a cup of tea and then my phone rang. "Hey Dean." I answered. "Hey Cait, so me and Sammy are missing our baby sis..." Dean said. I smiled. "Text me the address and I should be there within a day or so." Dean then replied "Awesome." I put my phone down and then said to Pepper, "So big sis, you ready for your first hunt?" Pepper's face lit up at me calling her 'big sis' and brought me into a bone crushing hug.

Before we left, Mom made me promise to keep her updated and she told me and Pepper to look after each other.

We got on the bus. Pepper was really excited. I let her sit in the window seat as she liked to look at the passing scenery. As night fell, she started to yawn. "Tired" she yawned. "You can rest your head on me if you want" I smiled and lifted my arm up. Pepper rested her head on my chest and fell asleep as I cuddled her. I smiled and fell asleep myself.

When we got off the bus, it wasn't far from the address Dean texted me so we walked. I saw the oh so familiar Baby parked in the motel car park. Pepper gasped and smiled in awe "Impala". I chuckled "that's Dean's car. We're definitely in the right place."

I knocked on the motel room door and it swung open. "Douche!" I exclaimed happily as I saw Sam stood in the doorway and he dragged me into a hug. He then saw Pepper with a raised eyebrow. "It's ok, she's with me. I'll explain when we come in." Sam let us in, I saw Dean sat at the table. "Hey stranger." I smiled. Dean then looked at Pepper. "Okay, long story short. My Mom adopted Pepper in the 60s so she's my big sis. She wanted to help on the next hunt." Sam and Dean looked at each other, so I gave the puppy dog eyes - which won em over. Dean then smacked the back of Sam's head. "That's for teaching our sis the puppy dog eyes." Pepper squealed with laughter. I then walked up to my brothers and hit them both over the head. "That's for the whole rabbit foot malarky." Pepper fell on the bed laughing. Sam and Dean smiled at her reaction. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm starving." Dean stood up. "No surprise there." I smirked. "Food!" Pepper exclaimed happily. I smiled, "Pepper will talk in full when she feels more comfortable around you guys. She's a sweetheart." Sam and Dean both smiled at me and the four of us headed to Baby. "Impala!" Pepper exclaimed happily again. "Can Pepper sit shotgun?" I asked Dean and he said "sure why not." Pepper got excited and sat in the front with Dean. Me and Sammy got in the back.

We drove to a nearby diner and we went inside, we got some funny looks which made Pepper slightly uncomfortable but I put my arm around her to reassure her. A waitress came up to us and showed us to a table. "What can I get you?" She asked. "Salad please." Sam requested, me and Dean scoffed. "Bacon cheeseburger please." Dean asked. "Meatloaf!" Pepper requested happily. "I'll have the meatloaf too please." I smiled. We each got a coke too. "Meatloaf!" Pepper said happily. I noticed a few people looking at us and I heard someone say "freak." I stood up and turned around. It was a woman. "Excuse me? Do you have a problem?" I asked. "Not with you, with that freak." I turned around and saw Pepper's eyes fill with tears. "My sister is not a freak. She's an extraordinary human being, wanting to eat with her sister and brothers. Does it bring you pleasure bullying and upsetting someone that you don't know?" The woman just scoffed and lifted her nose up at me. "Don't raise your nose at me you snotty cunt! I'm not gonna stand here letting my sister get upset because of some bitch. You don't know her! She's the sweetest person you could ever meet. So get your head out of your arse and keep your nasty comments to yourself!" I raged. Everyone in the diner cheered. Pepper stood up and hugged me. "Thank you." She whispered. We sat down and I wiped her tears away. I then used my powers (discretely) and made the woman's drink spill on her and she stormed out.

Our food came and Pepper struggled to cut up her meatloaf. I was about to ask if she wanted help, but Dean smiled and said "want help sis?" Pepper beamed a huge smile and handed him her cutlery. "Told ya they were teddies" I smiled.

After we ate, we headed to a bar. I made sure Pepper was okay, and thankfully nobody was giving her horrible looks or taunting her. Some people were playing poker. "Cait, fancy a game?" Dean smirked. He handed me $500. I put it away and walked to the table. "Room for one more?" The guys laughed. "Poker is a man's game!" One said loud. "I don't see any men at this table." I shrugged and everyone in the bar laughed. "I can make it interesting." I said and one guy tried to reach and grab my ass. Dean came over and punched him, knocking him out cold. "Great there's room for two more, Cait let's sit and play." I checked on Pepper and she was having a beer with Sam. I got the $500 out and put it on the table. "$100?" I put it in the centre and the other guys looked hungrily at the cash. Dean then put another $100. And the game began. I used my powers of course and won. The guys wouldn't let a girl win though. So they kept playing until it was $500 apiece. Obviously I won and I won $3000 overall.

Dean and Sam drove me and Pepper back to the motel, and they went to a bar called Spider's. I sorted the sofa bed out for me and Pepper. "Caitlan? Can you stay with me whilst I have a bath?" Pepper asked shyly. "Yeah of course." I smiled. I ran Pepper a bubble bath, and helped her undress and get in. She played with the bubbles happily. I sat on the toilet as Pepper splashed a bit and Mom talked to me telepathically. "I'm glad to see you two are okay. I saw you stand up for Pepper at the diner, I'm proud of you babygirl. Love you." I smiled. "Thanks momma. Love you too." Pepper looked at me and said "You're the best sister I could have." I smiled. When we got back to mom's the other week, Pepper told me how her sister and her sisters husband killed their son by drowning him in the bath and cutting off his ears due to his deformed appearance and they framed Pepper for it, which resulted in her being at Briarcliff. I told Pepper I'd never do anything to hurt her and be a better sister to her.

I helped Pepper get out of the bath and dried her and got her into her pyjamas. I then got into my pyjamas. We then went and sat on our sofa bed and watched Scooby Doo. Pepper loved it. Not long after, Sam and Dean came back in. Dean saw Scooby on the screen and started laughing. Sam clicked his fingers in front of his face to snap him back. "I don't get how Gordon got out of jail AND knew where we were!" Dean shrugged. "Gordon Walker? That crazy asshole?" I asked. Pepper (still watching Scooby Doo) said "Betrayal" I looked at Sam and Dean and Dean blurted out "Bela." Dean called Bela and put her on speaker. She said that Gordon paid her to tell him of my brothers whereabouts. Dean then said that if we make it out alive (mainly meaning him and Sam), that he'll kill her. We all then went to sleep. Sam and Dean in their beds and me and Pepper on the sofa bed. Pepper cuddled up to me as we fell asleep. I didn't mind of course, if it helped her to feel safe then I'm happy to cuddle my sis throughout the night.

Okay, I'll carry this case on in the next chapter :) also I absolutely love Pepper on AHS so I wanted to write her in. I hope y'all like it