Chapter 12

Flashback:

Rowenas POV:

My wee girl is 5! She's growing up too fast. John has taken Sam and Dean on a hunt. He said it's a pretty big one and it could be at least a couple of months. I know Caitlan is gonna miss her daddy and brothers, but John said they'll call every day.

John and the boys dropped Cait off, and they've just left. I held my baby girl in my arms as she waved them off. I heard little sniffles. "I gonna miss them mommy." She sobbed. "I know baby girl. Come on, let's go inside eh?" I carried Caitlan inside and she sat on my knee, cuddled into me. I got the blanket and wrapped us up both in it. Caitlan fell asleep bless her. I didn't wanna wake her, so I pulled up the blanket and dozed off myself, cuddling my sleepy girl.

I woke up to the phone ringing, thankfully, it didn't wake Caitlan up. So I gently sat up and answered the phone. "Hello?" I yawned. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" It's John. "It's alright John. Cait dozed off." As soon as I said John's name, Caitlan woke up abruptly. "Daddy!" I smiled and gave Cait the phone, I could hear John through the phone. "Hey baby girl! You being good for mommy?" "Aways daddy. I miss you Sammy and Dean."  She said a bit upset. "We miss you too baby girl. So much. We're not sure how long this hunt will be, but we promise we'll call ok? And we'll be back as soon as it's over" "Ok daddy. Love you." "Love you too baby girl." John hung up and Cait put the phone down. She broke down in tears. "Oh baby it's ok." I cuddled my wee girl. "I say we have hot chocolate and pie, what about you?" I suggested whilst wiping the tears off Cait's cheeks. Cait nodded. "Pyjamas first though." I carried Caitlan upstairs and we got our pyjamas on.

When we got our pyjamas on, I sat Cait on the sofa whilst I went to get the pie and make hot chocolate. I started to think of everything my baby girl has been through. The shtigra, the rawhead. I lost it. I started crying and went in a complete meltdown. "Don' cwy mommy." I heard behind me. Cait came running up to me and cuddled my leg. I lifted her up and kissed her cheek. "Mommy's okay darling." I smiled. I didn't wanna upset my baby girl. "But you were cwying?" She said upset. "I know sweetie. I'm okay I promise. I just wish I could be a better mommy and protect you from all the evil that's out there." Cait put her hand to my face. "You amazing mommy. You do potet me. The shita an wawead wasn't your fault mommy. Or daddy's. Shit happens." Cait shrugged and kissed my cheek. "Language missy." I smiled and tickled her sides. "Love you mommy." "Love you too sweetheart." I got the pie and hot chocolate and we both sat on the sofa snuggled up.

"You enjoy that sweetie?" I asked as Cait finished her pie. Her mouth was full and crumbs and filling was smushed around it along with hot chocolate, she nodded. "I can tell." I laughed and cleaned her face. "Mommy. Who's Fergus? I heard you talk about him before." Cait asked. "Fergus is my son baby. Your brother. It was a long time ago. Mommy is nearly 300 years old, and Fergus was born a long time ago." I told her. "But you not look 300. You young mommy." Caitlan said confused. "Perks of being a witch." I winked at her. "Will you teach me to be a witch mommy?"  "You're already a witch sweetheart. But you're a hunter too. Tell you what. I'll ask daddy if I can teach you when you're older though." I kissed the top of her head. "Okay mommy." She smiled.

Cait began to yawn. "Wanna go to bed sweetie?" Caitlan rubbed her eyes tiredly and nodded. "Come on then." I lifted her up, got her teddy and we went upstairs. I put Caitlan in my bed and got in next to her. As soon as I got in, she immediately cuddled up to me. She fell asleep almost instantly. I propped myself up on my elbow and rested against my hand. I gently stroked her face, moving strands of hair away. I could lay and watch my wee girl all night. I mean I wasn't the best mother to Fergus, I say I hate him but I'm his mother - of course I loved him, even if I didn't show it. His father promised to love me, but he went back to his grand life and wife, leaving me. My wee girl is my world. She's absolutely gorgeous. I love her so much. I wish all the evil in this world never existed. When it comes to my daughter, I'd kill anyone and anything. She's my baby.

When I finally started to doze off, I laid down and wrapped my arms around Caitlan. She immediately snuggled in closer. I could feel her small breathing against my neck. I held my baby girl close to me as I fell asleep myself.

I woke up the next morning and Cait was crying. "What's wrong sweetie pie?" "I sowwy mommy." Before I could say anything, I felt a wet patch on the mattress. She wet herself during the night. "Please don't be angwy mommy." She sobbed. "Oh sweetie I'm not angry. Accidents happen. Come on let's get you cleaned up and get the sheets changed." I lifted Caitlan up and took her to the bathroom for a bath. I could have changed the sheets whilst she had a little splash around, but I'm not leaving her alone in the bath.

After I washed her I got her dry and into some clothes before I cleaned the bed sheets and got myself changed.

When I went downstairs, Caitlan was laying on the sofa cuddling her teddy. "Pancakes and bacon for breakfast baby girl?" I smiled. "Ooo yes pease mommy." She had the biggest smile on her face. It just warmed up my heart.

I made me and my baby girl breakfast, I gave her an orange juice, I had a coffee. Momma Rowena needs her coffee! "You cook amazing mommy." Cait smiled with her mouth crammed full of pancake and bacon. "Thank you baby girl." I kissed the top of her head and cleaned up. When I went in the kitchen, I heard Cait scream. "Caity, what's wrong baby?" I ran into the living room. But she wasn't there. "Cait? Caitlan?!" I shouted like crazy, panicking. She isn't anywhere in the house. I even used my powers to try to locate her. I can't find my baby girl!

Ok guys I thought why not leave you on a bit of a cliffhanger this time 😁😁