Chapter 22

Flashback (Caitlan is 2 y/o):

John's POV:

So we've been on the road for three days. We're just pulling up to a motel in Massachusetts for a case. Cait's fast asleep in her car seat, cuddling her teddy bear. Sam and Dean were just sitting quietly ... for a change.

I pulled upto a motel, I left the kids in the car whilst I went to get a room key. When I got back in the car to drive to the back of the motel, Cait began to wake up. One of her tiny hands still clutching to her teddy and the other balled up, rubbing her eyes. "You ok princess?" I asked turning around to my baby girl, who just continued to rub her eyes tiredly. "Boys can you help unload the car whilst I get Cait inside?" I asked and the boys nodded. I got Cait out of her car seat and went in the motel room. "Dada smewwy" Cait said as she scrunched her tiny nose. The boys started laughing. "I need a shower, that's why. Cheeky shit." I smothered her little face and neck with kisses. "Dada sop!" She squealed. I chuckled and threw her on to the bed. She laid there giggling her little ass off, clapping her hands. I got the last of the stuff from the car and brought them in. "Boys watch your sister whilst I get a shower." I said to em as I went in the bathroom.

I got in the shower and gave myself a good scrub. As I got out, I barely had time to get my towel before I heard a thud and Caitlan screaming. I ran out, wrapping my towel around my torso. Cait was on the floor, crying. "What happened?" I asked picking Caitlan up. "She was on my feet in the air, I had hold of her hands but she slipped out my hands dad and she fell off the bed and hit her head. I'm sorry." Dean said, looking guilty. "Dean you gotta be careful. She's still a baby. Plus, the bed is quite high so it would have been a big fall for her." Dean nodded, looking sad. "It ok Dee." Cait said through her tears. "Dada wet" she added confused. "Yeah I need to get dry. Stay with your brothers whilst I get dressed ok?" Cait nodded and I laid her on bed.

When I got dried and dressed, Cait was still laying down. "Cait I'm sorry." Dean said, looking upset. "Dee it ok." She smiled up at her big brother, putting her tiny hand to his face. "I'm gonna have to go check out the crime scene. Cait do ya want some milk doing before I go?" I asked. "Yesh peash dada." She smiled. I filled her bottle up and gave her it. "Tan oo Dada" she smiled. "You're welcome baby girl. Be good for your brothers ok?" Cait's brown eyes filled with tears. "me come wiv dada?" She always wants to come with me, it breaks my heart to say no. "You gotta make sure Sammy and Dean don't get into trouble. If you come with me, whose gonna watch em eh?" I sat on the bed and stroked the hair out of Cait's face. She nodded sadly and made grabby hands. I lifted her up and sat her on my knee. "I'll be back in a couple of hours ok?" I kissed the top of her head and she winced in pain from hitting her head. "Sorry baby." She cuddled into me before laying back down. Sam and Dean laid at each side of her, and put cartoons on. I headed out to the crime scene.

Dean's POV:

Dad's been gone an hour. I had some candy from a gas stop on the way here. Me, Sammy and Cait ate em whilst watching cartoons. Well I didn't realise how much candy Cait had ... until she was all hyper on sugar. She took her diaper off and started running around the motel room. I grabbed her (whilst Sam was just laughing), and put her on the bed to put a fresh diaper on her. But she managed to wriggle off the bed and started running about again. "Cait!" I sorta shouted. She stopped and stood with her hands on her tiny hips and pouted. "Dee" she mocked. Before I could say or do anything else, she grabbed her diaper (which was full) and threw it at me. Thankfully it only just missed me. I couldn't help but laugh a bit. Then she pointed at the door excitedly and said "Mama".

Next thing I know, the door opens by itself and Rowena walked in. I went to grab the gun, just to make sure but Rowena stopped me "no need to do that dear, it is me. Caitlan would know if I was an imposter" She smiled. Cait ran upto her and made grabby hands. "You being a wee Madam eh?" She asked and lifted Cait up, who was giggling. "I'll take that as a yes." She winked and looked over to me and Sammy, who was still hysterically laughing.