Chapter 5

John's POV:

Tomorrow is Caitlan's first birthday! Bloody hell that has gone so fast. It seems only yesterday when I held her in my arms in the hospital, no heavier than 6 pounds. She's so tiny still. I can't believe my baby girl is gonna be one.

We're gonna go to Bobby's for the weekend. Rowena is gonna be at a nearby motel and I'm gonna take Cait to see her for a couple of hours.

Sam and Caitlan are sat in the back and Dean is sat in the front with me. We'd be at Bobby's in about 4 hours. Thankfully it's 9am. We went for breakfast before setting off, I shared some pancakes with Cait. "So what shall we do tomorrow for Cait's birthday after I've took Cait to see her mom?" I asked the boys. "Can we eat pie?" Dean asked. "Pieeeeeee." Cait squealed clapping her hands. "When don't you eat pie?" I laughed. "We could go swimming if ya like?" I suggested. "Yes I love swimming!" Sam said excitedly. "Well it's supposed to be hot tomorrow so we'll go to the water park." "Yay!" Dean and Sam yelled and Cait shouted "Yeyyy!" Thankfully there's been no supernatural occurrences known near Kansas lately, so we should be able to have a good weekend.

At 9:30am, I heard three lots of snores. Dean was fast asleep, as was Cait and Sam. Cait was sucking on her pacifier as she slept and cuddled her teddy. She is a mix of looking like both me and Rowena. Cait is an absolute beauty.

About twenty minutes later, I heard Cait crying. "Dadaaa." She sobbed in her sleep. "Ssshhh baby it's ok, daddy's here." I cooed. I pulled up to a nearby diner. Sam and dean both woke up. "I'm starving dad, can I go get some pie?" Dean asked. "Yeah go ahead. We could use a bathroom break anyway." I told the boys. Cait woke up properly. "Dada I do doodoo." Cait giggled. "I can smell it darling." I chuckled. I got Caitlan out of her car seat and carried her inside. I took her into the baby change facility and changed her diaper. "There we are baby girl. Nice and clean." I kissed my little girl's cheek. "Dada me 'av pie?" Cait asked quietly. "Course ya can darling." I bopped her nose and she giggled.

When we went to our booth, Dean already got Cait a slice of pie. "Tank oo Dee." Cait smiled. "You're welcome little sis." Dean winked at her. I had Cait sit on my knee as she ate. I looked down at her then across to Dean. They're exactly alike. "Sammy, you seeing what I'm seeing?" I asked. "I think so dad." Sam laughed. "What?" Dean asked with his mouth full of pie. "You and Caitlan are exactly the same Dean." Sam smirked. "No we aren't?" Dean muffled through the pie. "Dean you are. You both just shovelled pie into your faces. Exactly in the same way." Dean looked at Cait, who indeed had pie stuffed into her small mouth, crumbs and filling smothered around her face. Dean laughed and just shrugged. "I'm proud of ya Cait. You're like your big bro." Dean smiled at her. Cait just giggled. "Come on then kids, let's hit the road." Cait wanted to walk, I held her hand. Her hands are so bloody small. Cait isn't one to run off though thankfully.

When we hit the road again, I put some music on. It was Black Sabbath. We love rock music. Me and Dean started rocking out, so did Sam and Cait. I couldn't help but smile. My three kids are definitely like their old man.

We got to Bobby's about 1:30pm. "Hey Bobby." Both boys said. "Hey boys." He replied. "Uncwe Bobob!" Cait said happily. "Hey sweetheart." Bobby smiled. Me and Bobby said hello to each other before coming in. "I'm gonna unload the car. Boys, watch Cait." I told em.

After the car was unloaded, I sat with the boys, Bobby and Cait. "So what you doing for Cait's birthday tomorrow?" Bobby asked "Well I'm taking her to see her mom for a couple hours, then we're gonna go swimming." I said. "Sounds fun. When ya get back we can have pizzas and a movie night if ya want?" He suggested. "I'm in, what about you boys?" They put their thumbs up. "Cait you in?" I asked my little girl. "Innnn" she giggled. "That's sorted then." Bobby chuckled.