Chapter 10

Time skip

John's POV:

"Please dad? Pretty please?" Caitlan is 16 now. She's been begging me to give her driving lessons in the impala. Cait gave me the puppy dog eyes, she knows that always works. Both Sam and Dean are in the motel room, watching their younger sister beg me to teach her to drive. "Come on you know I learn fast." That part is true, Rowena got Cait a spellbook for her 16th and she's quite a natural - but Rowena had to take away Sam and Dean's memories of her, kind of a long story but it's to keep them safe. They still remember the memories but Rowena altered their memories so that they didn't remember her. I take Cait to see her still though.

I tried to avoid Cait's puppy dog look. "Please daddy." She still has me wrapped around her little finger... "How can I say no to my little girl eh?" I smiled. "Yay thank you!" Cait squealed and gave me a huge hug. "Dean throw the keys." I said and Dean threw me the keys to the impala. "Get some pie please dad." He said with a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes and headed out to the car.

I told Cait everything she needed to know (she was in the drivers seat). She looked really confident. "You ready?" I asked. "Definitely." She smiled.

Cait started the engine and she began to drive. "Wow, I think you're better than Sam and Dean when they first started driving." I chuckled. She was really good, you wouldn't think it's her first time driving. When Sam and Dean began driving, they were driving all over the bloody place.

We drove to the store and got groceries and of course pie. When we got everything we needed we headed back. But before Cait started the car, she asked "dad, can I ask you something?" "Course ya can darling, what's up?" She looked nervous. "Why didn't you tell us we have another brother called Adam?" I don't know what to say. "How-?" "When you go on your hunts alone, I keep watch to make sure you're ok. That's how I found out. I haven't mentioned anything to Sam and Dean." "Sweetheart, I hadn't said anything for everyone's safety. You probably know I take Adam to baseball games for his birthday. But he'll never replace you, Sam or Dean. I wish I could have given you kids a normal life. Anyway, how do you use your powers without Sam or Dean noticing?" Cait smirked. "I tell them I need to use the bathroom. They just think I have stomach ache or something. I also like to make sure you're ok and definitely coming back to us dad." "I love you so much baby girl, but it's my job to protect you and the boys. I mean the boys are adults now, you ain't far off but you're still a child and I don't want anything happening to any of you." I brought Cait in for a hug. We sat there a couple of minutes before heading back to the motel.

Caitlan's POV:

We just got back from driving. "How I do then dad?" I asked. "Amazing darling." Dad smiled at me and pulled me into a hug. We went back into the motel room. "How'd it go?" Dean asked. "Brilliant!" I smiled and dad said "you wouldn't have thought it was her first time driving, she's an amazing driver." Dad pulled me into a hug again. "Did you-?" Dean started. "Get pie? Yep we got one each." I smirked. Sam was quiet. "What's wrong Sam?" I asked. "I've been accepted to go to Stanford. And I'm going." He said. "Like hell you are!" Dad yelled. I jumped and well just sat in the background as dad and Sam argued for a while. Dean joined in the arguing too.

After a few minutes, I tried helping. "Look Sammy we need to stick together. This is what we do. Trying to help get revenge on whatever killed your mom and keeping others safe." "You don't get to bring my, sorry mine and Dean's mom into this! If it weren't for her dying, you would never even have been born!" Ouch that really hurt. "Sammy that's enough!" Dean said. "No Dean. Our sister is dad's favourite and we both know it! He raised us as though we were soldiers, but not his precious Cait! He'd actually give her hugs when she's scared and not give her a gun to protect her! We've been trying to find the thing that killed mom for years! If mom never died, we'd actually live a normal life without a little sister." I lost it. I just broke down in tears and ran into the bathroom and locked the door.

Johns POV:

"There was no need to take it out on your sister!" I'm fuming. "It's true though! I'm getting out of hunting and gonna have a normal life!" He picked his bags up and started to go to the door. "If you leave, don't even think about coming back!" Sam stopped but then walked out and slammed the door.

Dean went to try and get Cait out the bathroom, but she didn't open the door. So I tried. "Cait, open the door please baby girl." I asked. After a couple minutes, she opened the door. She was sobbing her heart out. "Come here babygirl." I said quietly and she immediately came into my arms. "Cait he didn't mean what he said." Dean put his hand on Cait's back. "It's true though. If your mom hadn't been killed Dean, I wouldn't have existed."

We sat down and after a while, Cait managed to calm down. "You ok now sweetheart?" I asked. "Yeah, What Sammy said really hurts still but I'm ok." She smiled slightly. "Want some pie to cheer you up Cait?" Dean got a pie out. "Duh." She smiled.

It was getting pretty late so the three of us got ready for bed. Cait got in next to me. She still can't sleep unless she's cuddled up to me, bless her. I wrapped my arms around her and planted a kiss on her head as she fell asleep. I shouldn't have told Sam that if he left, not to come back, but he crossed the line when he took it out on Cait.

That's chapter ten guys! Hope ya like it!